Koenigsegg breaks the record for fastest production car, 277.9mph

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The way that thing started accelerating at 200 mph.... Jesus.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Badass, but NOT a production car.

Hmm, well it's made by a company, that has legally sold them in countless countries around the world. If you have the funds, and call them up, you can order one, at which point they start...PRODUCTION.

It's not a 1 of 3 car made by Joe Blow without a VIN. It's not a kit car. It's a production vehicle. They've done crash testing, meet headlight specs, etc, ETC.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Holy smokes!
I can't imagine going over 150MPH. lol

Going from 150-230+ isn't that big of a deal if it's done right, if the road is nice and prepped and the suspension is set up you hardly notice it aside from visual input and G-Force. Sadly this is where the Veyron is still the King, Caddy of the 200+mph's, not the fast the damn if it's not the comfiest. I got to ride the test track a few years ago out here in Cali on an R1 and I wen't in my normal riding attire for riding to work, weekend plays.. once you start passing 120 you feel like you wanna be ripped off the bike and backed off way before 150. Went back out same bike but taped up in a couple of places and got to wear a friends old GP suit, tight af squeezes your b@lls an yet they still have children afterwards. I looked down when I realized I was going a bit to fast and saw something 180's and didn't even notice. Koenigsegg is brute force with elegance, something like the Veyron is a whale with space shuttle rockets attached to it, on the way to the moon sipping your martini while your wife is blowing you up.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Badass, but NOT a production car.

Go watch the /DRIVE Koenigsegg editions and say its not a production car. The dude crash tests, gets fuel from OTHER countries just to make sure his software can detect it and drive anywhere... these are not 1 trick ponies you load on a trailer to go race with. No other MANUFACTURE on earth does the amount they do in a small old retired AirForce hangar.

Pup

Established Member
How TF do you just cruise up to 180mph? What is this nonsense

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Go watch the /DRIVE Koenigsegg editions and say its not a production car. The dude crash tests, gets fuel from OTHER countries just to make sure his software can detect it and drive anywhere... these are not 1 trick ponies you load on a trailer to go race with. No other MANUFACTURE on earth does the amount they do in a small old retired AirForce hangar.

I think the old air force hangar burnt down. I remember a story that early on, their factory caught fire. By the time the firefighters and Christian himself showed up, workers who live near by were already there and running in and out of the building, grabbing molds, blueprints, etc.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Moon racing with that 200mph roll... Any one know where is that road at? SSC did a top speed run out in eastern Washington near where I️ grew up on a road that looks like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Moon racing with that 200mph roll... Any one know where is that road at? SSC did a top speed run out in eastern Washington near where I️ grew up on a road that looks like that.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local...-close-for-supercars-attempt-at-speed-record/

A stretch of highway between Las Vegas and Pahrump will be closed Saturday and Sunday for some extremely reckless driving.

Under a special permit from the Nevada Department of Transportation, Swedish super-carmaker Koenigsegg plans to use a straight, 11-mile section of state Route 160 to try to set a speed record for production cars.

mrlrd1

Established Member
You have to build 25 of them to be a production car. They haven't built 25. Pretty simple.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
You have to build 25 of them to be a production car. They haven't built 25. Pretty simple.

But they have all 25 sold and are still making them. Plus the regular Agera, Agera S. They will make 80 Regeras.
So that would make them a production manufacturer based off of needing 25 cars.

Also. They apparently broke 5 records that day. They will be posting them in the next day or 2. Along with the full runs in every direction.

mrlrd1

Established Member
But they have all 25 sold and are still making them. Plus the regular Agera, Agera S. They will make 80 Regeras.
So that would make them a production manufacturer based off of needing 25 cars.

No, it's still NOT a production car.

FIA requires at least 25 exact copies to be built within a 12 month period. While they have sold 25 RS's, they haven't built 25. Production started over a year ago.

Koenigsegg has a history of this type of false claim.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
No, it's still NOT a production car.

FIA requires at least 25 exact copies to be built within a 12 month period. While they have sold 25 RS's, they haven't built 25. Production started over a year ago.

Koenigsegg has a history of this type of false claim.
Didn't they only build 5 Veyron's in the first year?

Also, the FGT was considered by the FIA to be an production car with only a few press cars built by the time the car started running in GTLM and GTE Pro.

coremaster21

Established Member
Geez, that is pretty incredible. It did look like the road was slightly downhill though but maybe I am just crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread