Kona Blue leftovers?

99BOSS

Established Member
Anyone know of any leftover Kona blues sitting around? Ive been looking online and seen a few CFTP cars, not interested in those. I was after one in GA but they wanted 10K over, so I passed. I can order a 21 for sticker here but Kona is no longer a color option. I may have to wait and see what Antimatter blue looks like or just order a Ford Performance Blue one but Im partial to this Kona color. Thanks all!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Personally from early/few pics I’ve seen, antimatter blue is in my top 3.
I love Kona but it is too much purple unless bright sun.
I prefer a true blue without the purple and antimatter is a very dark blue.
-J

99BOSS

Established Member
You're exactly right. Thats the one thing I didnt like about the Sonic blue, purple undertones and Kona has some of that too. I saw a couple pics of a new 21 GT500 in Antimatter blue and its not bad, especially if the sun is on it. I'll just wait and see how it looks in person. Can always do the Ford Performance blue as a backup.

99BOSS

Established Member
Velocity looks great on these cars, just a little too bright. I like dark blues. I think the best Ford blue ever was the Midnight blue on the Ford GTs. No purple hues in that color. Wish they would bring that shade back. I have Blue Jeans on my 2017 F150 and its a nice dark blue as well.

Crushinator

Established Member
IMG_0811.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Crushinator

Established Member
I went back and forth between the blues when I ordered mine. Finally decided on Kona and absolutely love it. I wanted something that (to me) reminded me of a classic muscle car look.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Crushinator

Established Member
I went back and forth between the blues when I ordered mine. Finally decided on Kona and absolutely love it. I wanted something that (to me) reminded me of a classic muscle car look.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

99BOSS

Established Member
Thats gorgeous! Ive started to like Ford Performance Blue lately too. Its a modern day version of the Guardsman Blue that the old 427 Cobras were painted in. But then you post up a pic of Kona and Im back on that again! I have located one, its a matter of if the dealer really wants to sell it.

Saleenrose

Established Member
I have one with no stripes and black roof. I love with black and carbon.

Attachments

• IMG_20210317_152306202_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20210317_152306202_PORTRAIT.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20210317_152349593_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20210317_152349593_PORTRAIT.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20210317_152401056_PORTRAIT.jpg
    IMG_20210317_152401056_PORTRAIT.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 230

99BOSS

Established Member
Thanks for the post but did you see the selling price on their website? It has a 30K markup. No way. I may have to give up on the Kona Blue. I can get a 21 in Antimatter Blue for sticker here

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just be sure that whatever blue you choose (other than Kona Blue) that you truly like it. If you're not quite sure of ANY color, remember that you're going to see it every day. Don't regret that you didn't go with the color you really wanted. If you have no choice, then at least be absolutely certain your second color choice is one you truly like.

99BOSS

Established Member
Good advice CobraBob. Ive always been patient to get exactly what I want and this will be no diff. For this kind of money, it'll be what I really want. I am waiting to see more on this Antimatter Blue. Ive seen local new trucks in it and its a very dark color but looks great when clean and in the sun. Kona is blue pretty much all the time and looks great as well. Only knock with Kona is the purple tones in certain light, Antimatter definitely has no purple to it, only the prismatic effect of blue to black under less light. But when its clean and in the sun, its a gorgeous blue! Id be happy either way, biggest factor is that Kona is now an endangered species and Antimatter will be easy to get.

Crushinator

Established Member
Hey, as they say, money talks. My car has less than 100 miles on it, but for the right price, I may consider selling it. Hahaha As much as I love it, there is a new Z06 in the works. In all seriousness, if you see the Kona in person, you'll want it. I guarantee it.

99BOSS

Established Member
Ive seen the Kona in person and really do like it. I see yours has all the options I want except the side stripes but thats minor. What would you want for it? You can PM me if you want

Crushinator

Established Member
I was only joking about selling it, honestly. I really do love it and currently there is nothing I could replace it with that I could afford. But I'll PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread