KOOKS Lontube users, need answer to question.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Is there any modification need to the headers or will they bolt right up with no banging/massaging needed. I'm used to old street rods and they always need a dent here and there for fitment.

I just want to make sure that they are good to go out of the box before I send
them out to get Jot-Hot coated.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

FordFanStan

Established Member
They should be fine, you're lucky you have access to a lift, it just makes it that much easier to install them. Have fun with the pass side Eric :D :poke: FFS

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Thanks. I can get them in no problem, I was more concerned with having to hammer the tubes for any fitment issues????????

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
God you guys bitch a lot. Try putting headers in an old 70 Mopar. Some of them you have to install the headers in the engine bay before the engine even goes in. There is just no way to get them in or out with the motor installed.

I was looking at the right side last night and you guys are dead on. It doesn't look like much fun.

htown

Established Member
When you get old you tend to bitch a lot:burnout:, putting the pass side on you have to do some moving around with the headers, at first I said the damn thing is not going to fit. Good luck

Derek2001

Established Member
Call JJ, i remember there is some trick to doing the passenger side. it wasnt fun to get it in there, but as far as bolting it up it's cake.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
The only problem with putting on the Long tubes is the Pass. side. You will need to take the inner fender well out and possible unbolt the heat shield. Who is going to be jet hot coating the headers for you? I need to call and talk with a company that does that and see if they can answer a question I have about what I just found on my header on the drivers side.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Thanks guys. I called JJ yesterday and he did tell me that there is no banging of the header pipes needed for clearance issues.

He also gave me some tips for installing the passengers side.:thumbsup:

NJ SILVERBULLET

Established Member
The driver's side just slips right up from the bottom, real easy.

The passenger side isn't that bad either...you just have to remove the RF wheel, then plastic inner fender liner, there is a canister for the A/C towards the front of the engine on the right side that should be moved foward a couple of inches to make life easier. The header just kinda "rolls in" from the fenderwell into position, not very hard at all. I think these were the easiest headers I ever installed...I did mine on a lift, but have seen several guys do it on the ground with jackstands.

I know what you were saying about putting headers in old Mopars...a real PITA...before my L, I drove nothing but Mopars for about 20 years...try shoe-horning a 440 big-block into a '68 Dart.:bash: I hope this helps.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Just like everyone else says, the hardest part is the passenger side.. Removing the fender skirts is a big help.
P4260549.jpg

P4260551.jpg

P4260552.jpg

P4260548.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread