KR or MMS Axle back?

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Hey all,

Going to swap my FRPP SVT1 mufflers out for either the KR mufflers or the MAC MMS.

I have Dynatech 1 7/8 long tubes and high flo cats. The SVT1's have about 1,500 miles on them.

I want a loud setup. I don't cruise long distances. Drone doesn't bother me much. I like the raspy sound at low rpm's and cackle on let off.

Any advice on the two would be appreciated.

Oh, btw, I will trade or sell the SVT1's. They have the polished tips with FORD RACING embossed on them. Maybe they all do. lol..

Thanks in advance,

JR

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
If you want loud, raspy and pop then go kr

If u want refined muscle sound that's not obnoxious go mms

Blackmax

Established Member
Here is my car with the same set up as you running KR mufflers. I thought they sounded awesome but my neighbours were not as enthusiastic. As far as popping and rasp goes I found the tune has a lot to do with it. I have since taken them off and am willing to trade or sell.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-cFTFVcQJs"]YouTube - ‪Joels GT 500 Dyno Pull‬‏[/nomedia]

kens88gt

Established Member
I have the KR's on my otherwise stock '08 GT500 and everyone loves the sound. I think it sounds great; not real loud until you open her up. I listened to a lot of sound threads but the best way is to hear it live.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Once you add a high flow cat or o/r pipe to a straight through design muffler you will get a lot of volume as well as rasp. That's why I went with the JBA setup which sounds unbelievable if I may add.

If I didn't love the JBA I would have went mms

IA Shelby

Established Member
Once you add a high flow cat or o/r pipe to a straight through design muffler you will get a lot of volume as well as rasp. That's why I went with the JBA setup which sounds unbelievable if I may add.

If I didn't love the JBA I would have went mms

+++++
Where did you get the MMS muffler. Is this the modified version offered by the team shelby member (alexc mackenzie??). I could never get a response. I just purchased the 2011 roush axelback.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I never got them. I went with JBA but yes. Mackenzie mustang in ca alters abd sells them

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Here is my car with the same set up as you running KR mufflers. I thought they sounded awesome but my neighbours were not as enthusiastic. As far as popping and rasp goes I found the tune has a lot to do with it. I have since taken them off and am willing to trade or sell.

YouTube - ‪Joels GT 500 Dyno Pull‬‏

How long to ship to Upstate NY from your town in Canada? Does customs take a while?

Thanks,

JR

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I received a call from a Jason B. with a 403 area code and he left a message wanting to trade. However, the number left on my voice mail goes to a females phone and she says I have the wrong number.

Jason, if you see this thread, please call me again.

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
I have Magna Flow with off-road x-pipe, which I think is to loud when your WOT. Nice sound when you role into and left off....When I put my OEM Cats back on then it's way to quiet...Here's a video of o/r x-pipe with Magna Flow c/b

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Bdp0-v-Wc"]YouTube - ‪2007 Mustang GT500 10.83 @124.90 at MIR 10/19/09‬‏[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
How does the JBA set-up sound with a stock set-up??? Are they a Cat-back or Axle-back??? Do they Drone??? I had the 3" JBA SS Catback on my Terminator and liked them a lot EXCEPT for the Freeway Drone...1800-2100 Rpm's.

Users who are viewing this thread