KR suspension? how is it?

Stevan26

Established Member
hello all! with Ford Racing now releasing the KR shocks,struts,springs im curious as to how good are they? and how much does it lower the car?

im looking for better suspension.. but nothing to crazy spendy.. i was gonna go with the FRPP L springs and Red shocks/struts.. but now i see these came out? opinions?

FRPP has suggested retail price at 555$.. a Vendor on Ebay has a few sets for 300$ shipped! NEW!(as well as some other rare mustang parts)

so guys. what you think? id just like it alittle lower and stiffer...

thanks!:dancenana:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'm very happy with it. I installed the KR struts/shocks/springs a few years ago. Provides a nice mild drop as well as excellent ride quality.

Read more on the KR writeup in my sig.

Stevan26

Established Member
i read your thread very nice... id prolly be looking at the shocks and struts and springs from the KR.. along with the FRPP mounts... i have CHE lower control arms.. so id most likely get anti squat brackets from CHE too...

i suppose i will need an adjustable pan hard rod too? and for camber in the alignment what did you end up using? camber bolts? or CC plates?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Pahard bar is never a bad idea. Having the option to adjust if need be makes sense whether 100% stock or heavily modified.

I got away without CC plates and was just able to hit the stock numbers in terms of alignment. I'm no fan of camber/crash bolts either.

I'd act on the KR stuff before it is too late if it is what you are set on doing. FRPP may not have many sets left and I don't know how long they'll be up on eBay.

Stevan26

Established Member
ford is actually selling them at 250$ now! ok.. so u think i dont need anything to align it? just bring it in...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I can't predict what will happen in your case. Mine just met spec. CC plates, such as those from MM would be an excellent idea and would ensure that you can attain the proper settings.

Stevan26

Established Member
do most people use new hardware? where can i get some? should i just goto ford?

why dont you like camber bolts? thanks for your help!

ps. your wheels in your KR write up.. those are 18s? stock tire size? so my gap would look the same? thats a good look.. though i may want something stiffer so i feel the "pull" harder...

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Most? I've seen it all so I really can't answer that.

In my case I used new hardware. I showed which lower strut bolts to use in the writeup. I also used new upper bushings, although that isn't really necessary.

Here's a good read on camber bolts and you'll see my position therein.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...674-bmr-camber-bolt-failure.html#post12289946

The wheels in my KR writeup were the stock 2010 coupe wheels/tires. I now run the stock '13 base GT500 wheel/tire package. The KR springs definitely brought the rear down from the sillysphere...

Stevan26

Established Member
ok.

i saw u posted that but where did u get them? order them from? site? can i just get some from ford?..

ok so 18s is the answer

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The '10 coupe wheels were 19".

Try Tousley (now Autonation) here at SVTP for a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread