L&M throttle body results

G-Force

Established Member
I had the chance to install my new L&M dual 66mm throttle body and elbow setup today. The weather was very warm this morning - 89 degrees at 10:30 AM by the time we got everything hooked up to the DynaPack.

Baseline - 498.8hp and 490 ft lbs/tq
L&M throttle body and no tune - 550.7 hp and 541.2 ft/lbs tq

I was amazed on the differences, especially since the car is not optimized for the new setup. We installed a new Jon Lund tune, but for some reason we had issues with it, so we ran the 2nd dyno pull with my original tune. I can only imagine what the differences will be with an updated tune.

Many thanks to L&M and Lethal Performance for a great set of products!

SHELBY-R

Established Member
50+ hp from the throttle body and elbow setup sound like a lot of power. Good #

G-Force

Established Member
We were amazed as well, didn't expert nearly that much increase with just a TB/Elbow change. The car did cool down for 45 min in between the two runs, but it wouldn't make it run that much better especially given the Texas heat we have right now.

mullens

Established Member
Those are healthy baseline numbers for an 09. That is amazing. Keep in mind the L&M was designed for stock TB settings and they seem to have issues with aftermarket tunes unless they didn't change those settings. I know JL does change them.

ponyboy96

Established Member
That's very impressive. I'm surprised it was so much. I've read around 20rwhp or so, but 50? WOW! Anyone else have some other numbers that corroborate these gains? If so, I'm definitely putting this on my wish list.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
You just had two very different pulls. The TB won't even come close to that sort of difference. I've seen people CLAIM 20, but realistically it depends on your mods and a real number for a car with a tune is 08-18rwhp.

Mine was about 13 with the plenum on a stock blower, but a 2.6 upper and stock exhaust.

While DynaPak DOES take factors like tire slip out of the equation, there are still lots of things that can make for a really big swing.

There, by the way, is no correllation between DynaPak and Dynojet or Mustang. Apples to oranges.

But, it's your baseline and that's a good thing. Just as a point of reference, my stock DynaPak pulls were in the same basic range...around 480 or so at the tires. The next day, on a Dynajet, it did a 435. In comparing a LOT of 07-09 cars, 425-445 is the range on a standard day.

Congrats on having a great car.....have fun with it!!

bj

G-Force

Established Member
I am planning to take it back for another set of runs after I get my updated tune from Jon. I agree that there are usually fluctuations between pulls, even if they within an hour apart, but usually the spread gets narrower, not wider.

Seahorse

Established Member
I recently had my 2009 dynoed after adding the L&M TB and Lethal's catted x-pipe for a total gain of ~20whp (DynoDynamics dyno so absolute numbers are a bit less than a Dynojet). Can't really say how much was attributable to the TB alone, but honestly 50whp from just the TB/elbow just doesn't seem right somehow.

Last edited:

kent1

Established Member
I recently had my 2009 dynoed after adding the L&M TB and Lethal's catted x-pipe for a total gain of ~20whp (DynoDynamics dyno so absolute numbers are a bit less than a Dynojet). Can't really say how much was attributable to the TB alone, but honestly 50whp from just the TB/elbow just doesn't seem right somehow.

Something is wrong with the dyno on this one. Just my HO. The base dyno is good and in an acceptable range, the second dyno with TB and elbow well is hard to believe. An acceptable range is most liklely between 15 to 30 hp on stock blower. I made 19 (TB and elbow) hp with mine. With TB, elbow and ported blower I made 49 hp. Good luck with the car.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
something is way way off. ive never seen a stock 07-09 GT500 dyno more than about 480HP to the wheels. the range is about 440-480HP on a stock (no tune or CAI) GT500. im not sure what a DynaPack is, so that could be the reason for the un normal numbers. as for a L&MTB/plenum on a 100% stock car pick up 50rwhp its not gonna happen. i say from 15-30hp is real numbers an most that is from added mods like pullies or ported blowers. also the L&M plenum does not 100% match the SC. it must be port match to the plenum. in fact people have lost a tiny bit of HP with both L&M/VMP plenums that did not match them up due to it messing with the smooth flow of the air comming in the SC.

G-Force

Established Member
The car isn't stock - I have a JLT CAI, 2.6 pulley, SVT mufflers and 3.73 gears. So the baseline tune was the first pull at 498/490. This is very similar to other pulls I have done on a Dyno Jet which was 504/490 so they are pretty close. I was very suprised by the 50 hp changes with just the TB/elbow change. I intend to go back and make a few other pulls on both types of Dynos to see what the differences are. I got my fixed tune from Jon last night, so I will post up new numbers in the next few weeks.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm going to order the 72mm L&M (in Satin to hopefully be close to the factory TB finish) and was on the fence about the elbow. How does the elbow match the finish of the factory blower? Is it easy for someone to tell you swapped it out?

Nice overall numbers on the initial baseline. On the L&M, we all would like 50hp to the wheels to be the case but it won't without an error or UNintentional or intentional manipulation of the dyno. Combined with the plenum port-matched to the supercharger, L&M says the "up to" maximum total would be 33hp and I bet that is hard to get. Let us know what happened.

91svtbird

Established Member
FYI ...this is a dyno sheet from a Roush P51 with a TVS that bolted on a L&M 66mmTB that gained 52 rwhp over the stock TB (no changes to the tune)

RWHP/torque
base 532/466
L&M 584/485

IMG-2.jpg

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The car isn't stock - I have a JLT CAI, 2.6 pulley, SVT mufflers and 3.73 gears. So the baseline tune was the first pull at 498/490. This is very similar to other pulls I have done on a Dyno Jet which was 504/490 so they are pretty close. I was very suprised by the 50 hp changes with just the TB/elbow change. I intend to go back and make a few other pulls on both types of Dynos to see what the differences are. I got my fixed tune from Jon last night, so I will post up new numbers in the next few weeks.

well then that explains some of the higher numbers too.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
FYI ...this is a dyno sheet from a Roush P51 with a TVS that bolted on a L&M 66mmTB that gained 52 rwhp over the stock TB (no changes to the tune)

RWHP/torque
base 532/466
L&M 584/485

IMG-2.jpg

well my guess to that is the stock TB was a restriction to begin with. thats why there was a huge change in power it is a TVS.

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
. also the L&M plenum does not 100% match the SC. it must be port match to the plenum. in fact people have lost a tiny bit of HP with both L&M/VMP plenums that did not match them up due to it messing with the smooth flow of the air comming in the SC.

+1
The S/C edges just need to be cleaned up

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

RWHP/torque
base 532/466
L&M 584/485

QUOTE]

I think that is a little bit different of a scenario than the OP and all the more reason to wonder IF there was an anomoly.

91svtbird

Established Member

RWHP/torque
base 532/466
L&M 584/485

QUOTE]

I think that is a little bit different of a scenario than the OP and all the more reason to wonder IF there was an anomoly.

True this is a different combo that was tested . I just wanted to show that these types of gains have been seen before.

Users who are viewing this thread