Labor Hours: Rear Diff

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
OK, tech guys, how many Ford Service Labor hours is reasonable to R and R the pumpkin? Two axle seals and diff cover seal, NOT a complete rebuild.

Thanks, in advance

Focke Wulf 190

Established Member

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member

bubbaflaat

Established Member
I'm a mercedes tech, and I just did my diff on my cobra... And I'd say 2-3 hours is an absolute steal whoever is getting those numbers. When we reseal a benz diff which is alot easier than a cobra we charge between 6-9 hours.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'm a mercedes tech, and I just did my diff on my cobra... And I'd say 2-3 hours is an absolute steal whoever is getting those numbers. When we reseal a benz diff which is alot easier than a cobra we charge between 6-9 hours.

After you do it a dozen times it gets pretty easy! :-D

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
If you are a tech and it takes you more then 2-3 hours to reseal a cobra diff then my friend you are either a perfectionest or doing something wrong!!

I can remove the entire IRS, remove the center section and rebuild the trac-loc and remove/replace all bearings and seals in the center section, and have the entire thing back in the car and on the road in 6-9 hrs.

I agree with the above... It does get a little easier after you have done it a few times.

BTW I am not starting and internet war, just stating my experiences with the IRS.

It's like having sex for the first time... you get better with experience!!!

Users who are viewing this thread