Lambo Murcielago Roadster kill

Screamin'SVT

Banned
The other day I pulled into the gas station right down the street from my house
to find a Lambo Murcielago Roadster sitting in front. I just about shit myself because in my area it is extremely rare to see even a Ferrari 348 or 355.. maybe you'll see a Viper or 911 Turbo every other week or so, but to run into a $350,000 Lamborghini is, for me, completely unheard of. So I get about a gallon into my tank before they guy comes out and jumps in his car. Since I paid with a credit card I just had to wait for the receipt and I jumped in my car and pulled out behind him. I followed him for about 2 miles through town hearing people on their porches yell "Holy shit, I think that was a ****ing Lamborghini". Finally, we come up to a T-intersection, and he puts on his right turn signal. We are turning onto a 55mph straight road, so I give him one hell of a rev as he starts his turn. I roll the stop sign and am right on his ass. As soon as he completes the turn, he nails it. I punch it right after him. We went from about a 5mph roll to around 100mph, when I had to let off to avoid running into the back of him. I would estimate there was over a 1 car gap between us to begin with, so I guess I pulled a little over a car on him from 5-100. I couldn't believe the luck I had to run into this car, much less pull on it.

Screamin'SVT

Banned
According to Edmunds they are 575hp, 479lb/ft. 3638lbs. Assuming 15% drivetrain loss, I should be 539hp, 570lb/ft. 3660lbs. The weight is nearly identical, and I am only at a 36hp defecit to him, where he is at a 91lb/ft loss to me.

IMO the race turned out exactly as the numbers would predict. I was shocked initally, though.. I thought they had more torque and were lighter, so I couldn't believe I was gaining on him. It still amazes me how these cars with a few simple mods can be faster than $300k+ exotics. :beer:

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
According to Edmunds they are 575hp, 479lb/ft. 3638lbs. Assuming 15% drivetrain loss, I should be 539hp, 570lb/ft. 3660lbs. The weight is nearly identical, and I am only at a 36hp defecit to him, where he is at a 91lb/ft loss to me.

IMO the race turned out exactly as the numbers would predict. I was shocked initally, though.. I thought they had more torque and were lighter, so I couldn't believe I was gaining on him. It still amazes me how these cars with a few simple mods can be faster than $300k+ exotics. :beer:

All wheel drive takes more power than 15%. Those cars are pigs, and are geared high to hit 205mph. A pullied Cobra is more than enough power to keep up with it thru 120. After that, you'll know when his plates expire.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Where in PA do you live? I've never even seen a Lambo IRL. I'm near Harrisburg, I'm guessing you're in the Philly area.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
crew_dawg16 said:
I don't know if I call it a kill, but definitely pulled up to his rear bumper. Good job.

+1

And those cars are geared for top speed. They only run high 11s in the 1/4. For 575Hp that is pretty slow. But I believe the gears are under 3.00:1, I will have to double check. I know more about the diablo's and countach's.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
I'm from Camp Hill, I saw this by the Cedar Cliff Mall and followed it into New Cumberland

Dude I want to take a ride in the Cobra that spanked a Lambo =p

Users who are viewing this thread