Laser Red '98 Cobra Built/Supercharged $10,200

deauxt

Established Member
'98 Cobra, Laser Red, 141,400 miles, mostly highway (daily driver, 90 highway miles/day) $10,200

MODS:
Procharger P1SC intercooled supercharger kit (stock pulley...about 6-7lbs)
Al Papitto (Boss330) built short block
- '03 Cobra block
- Forged Cobra crank
- Forged Manley H-beam rods
- Forged CP pistons (9cc dished)
- ARP head studs
- ARP main studs
- ARP rod bolts
'03 Cobra chrome wheels (9" fronts, 10.5" rears)
JBA shorty headers
Bassani stainless catted X-pipe (gutted, pipes welded inside the cats' shells)
Bassani stainless catback
FRPP 4.10 gears
Steeda tri-ax shifter
Steeda upper and lower control arms
Kenny Brown subframe connectors
FRPP aluminum drive shaft
FRPP 9mm plug wires
RAM HDX clutch
Autometer C2 electronic boost and fuel pressure gauges
Innovate XD-16 wideband O2 system w/ gauge
Tuned by Fastlane in Houston (410rwhp/355rwtq, 6-7lbs)
Diablosport Predator will go with the car

Well, I've decided to sell my Cobra. I love the car, and it was my daily driver until about three weeks ago when I bought a Civic to replace it. I drive close to 100 miles a day on the interstate and I hated just racking up the mileage on this car going to work, so I bought an economy car.

The car runs/drives great, and there are no driveability issues with the car. I put in the new engine at around 80K miles when the stock engine developed a knock. Since then almost every mile put on the car has been on the interstate going to work each day. (I have a 1.5-2 hour commute to work and back.) The only issues are some rock chips on the hood, the top portion of the rear passenger fender has faded a little more than the rest of the car for some reason, and the rear end has some gear whine from when the previous owner had the gears installed. There are also a few small dents in the passenger side door that aren't really noticeable unless you are fairly close to the door at an angle. Other than a few small nicks from being driven everyday for the last four years, there really isn't anything that affects the driveability/reliability of the car.

A few months ago, I had the rear bumper and trunk repainted because someone backed into me in a parking lot, scratching the rear of the car, before driving off without leaving any kind of information.

I haven't even taken it to the track since the new engine went in. To give you an idea of how the car gets treated, it still had the stock clutch until a few months ago when it finally decided to give out. It's been a fun, great car for the past few years, but I felt bad putting so many miles on it as my daily driver. Now hopefully it can be enjoyed the way it was meant to be driven.

Please call or email me with any questions you have.

Michael
[email protected]
337-249-9559

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0465-1.jpg

IMAG0468-1.jpg

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

(Here you can see the fading on the fender, as well as the small dents in the door.)
IMAG0457.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

DSC03777.jpg

DSC03799.jpg

DSC03801.jpg

DSC03803.jpg

DSC03808.jpg

Here is the built short block with the head studs installed.
DSC02090.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread