Lash adjuster difference and part# I haven't sseen before

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
00 Saleen 4.6 2v Windsor
I was putting in new valve seals/springs/cam followers/lash adjusters/camshafts timing chains/gears and all related stuff in car

So I ordered from dealership all oem parts. I happened to hear the guy mumbling as he was looking at parts diagram about different intake and exhaust parts (no not valves ).
He order the parts. I have 2 different lash adjuster part numbers (that's news to me) I actually didn't notice at the time.
Same part number but the ending says 1X. Hmmm I just blew it off to 1 per pkg or superseded part #.
OK so obviously new lash adjusters are not preoiled. One part #F6DZ-6C501-A pkg qty 8 lash adj have the normal .100 plus compression without preoiled.
The other 8 F6DZ-6C501-A 1X. look little different in ball tip same size hole but cannot compress at all like other part number. ( no i didnt do in vice they are new) They shouldn't be so different
No they don't have oil in them keeping them pumped up I'd see it in the pkging. Dry as a bone. Both USA made.
Any thoughts
20200621_143230.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
when in doubt about a part on your car that could fail and wreck your engine, don't use it. Just replace the wrong ones with the right part numbers cause thats always gonna be a thought in the back of your head

Users who are viewing this thread