Late (at night) FedEx delivery... anyone else have this happen

jbes3

Established Member
I was awaiting my new clutch cable and quadrant that was out for delivery on the truck yesterday morning when I checked as I woke up (7AM). YAY! I thought I would have it around dinner time... That time came and went, watched some movies with my wife, tucked in my daughter, took a shower.....

Then, at about 10PM, my dogs are growling and my doorbell rings... IT'S FEDEX! Delivering my package. WTF? Anyone else ever get anything so late? Do they not have set hours for delivery?

airjon23

Established Member
I think drivers for FedEx, UPS, etc. are supposed to keep delivering until their trucks are empty. Maybe your driver slacked off for half the day, got stuck in traffic, or ????

txyaloo

Established Member
Fedex always delivers early for me. UPS sucks dick. Their normal delivery time is somewhere between 4-10pm in my area.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
The latest for me has been around 7pm..10 or 11 pm I would have to complain, especially if it woke up my kids.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Just depends where you are on their route. I've had that happen a few times with UPS here.

jbes3

Established Member
I think drivers for FedEx, UPS, etc. are supposed to keep delivering until their trucks are empty. Maybe your driver slacked off for half the day, got stuck in traffic, or ????

HAHA. I could see slacking off on a Monday, but a Friday?!?! And we don't really have traffic.

He has one of the rental Budget trucks. Can't really be a lot on there. I worked at UPS for 4 years, and we never delivered that late, except the week of Christmas, and people knew we were going to be later. I just thought it was kind of inconsiderate. They had my number... can I get a heads up.

I got the other half of my delivery today... They did the ol' "Drop the box and ring the doorbell routine..."

oldmodman

Established Member
Just once.
During the last big "spending" Christmas in 06 UPS was so overloaded that I got a package at 11pm.
On the 24th! And boy was I glad. It was the "deal maker" for the girlfriend.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
hey so they work hard to deliver your package, that to me is good service, unlike the USPO, I got an empty envelope from this week, my finance mailed me an ipod cord and some ass must have ripped it out, Im so glad they are failing

G04cobra

Established Member
was this fed ex ground? I was a driver for fed ex express. We were required to attempt every package. No one went home until every package was attempted, it made the job easier on all of us. With that being said, the latest I ever attempted a delivery was about 7 pm. If ts fed ex ground they pretty much do whatever they want.

Way2QWK

Established Member
Id rather have a package delivered late at night vs the next day at who knows when. Especialy if I was waiting to use whatever it was being delivered. I had a package come in late around 10pm once. Was thinking it would be next day before I got it, but when it showed-up I was so excited and went out to the garage and put it right on then car.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Fedex drivers work harder, they are not BS union dicks like UPS. End of day bell rings at UPS and they clear out, fedex works until they finish their jobs like true Americans.... but in this day and age, who knows....

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I've never had them deliver that late. That's crazy. UPS always delivers to my house either early or within a reasonable time

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
was this fed ex ground? I was a driver for fed ex express. We were required to attempt every package. No one went home until every package was attempted, it made the job easier on all of us. With that being said, the latest I ever attempted a delivery was about 7 pm. If ts fed ex ground they pretty much do whatever they want.

fedex ground sucks. ill bet it was them or home delivery.

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
Fedex drivers work harder, they are not BS union dicks like UPS. End of day bell rings at UPS and they clear out, fedex works until they finish their jobs like true Americans.... but in this day and age, who knows....

last i knew UPS has to attempt everything too. most UPS drivers here have between 125-150 stops a day. ton of heavy shit too. UPS drivers here work just as hard.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Thats very late and not the the norm,unless around xmas time,holidays, but I worked for ups,and like the saying goes walk a mile in my shoes and then you can judge, drivers have a hard job, imagine your truck packed full not organized like it supp(which is loaders fault not the driver) and it looks like a bomb was dropped in the back, and you have100- 300 stops and 100-300+ boxes to deliver,esp around holidays drivers can be out from 7-9am until 7-10 @ night. like some 1 else stated they gotta keep working until there truck is empty, the rule of thumb, and what sucks is some drivers have to pick up and drop off doing both sux long days as drivers

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

Really? I regularly see the UPS truck cruising my subdivision at 7 or later...Latest I've gotten a package was about 830-9.

king nothing

Established Member
Fedex ground guys are contractors (They own their routes and are paid by the box as well as monthly for expenses). The fact that he had a rental truck says to me that his truck broke at some point during the day and he had to rent a truck, transfer everything from truck to truck, then finish his day. Probably took a while to do all that, hence being late

Users who are viewing this thread