Latest Drivetrain and Horsepower Speculation?

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
^ya but what kind of drivability would something like that have? Sure zero emissions is cool and all but zero hp would mean it's immobile. I'd talk with your friend and find out if he meant 0 hp while moving as in a new planetary sun dial operated electrostatic tire and wheel design that uses the cast shadow from the protruding sun dial rim spoke to create inverse daylight sensor triggers to power the helix coupling flanges on the putter bushings of the centralized intelligence agent of the tie rods.

That would work fine to stimulate electrokinesis which could drive the new lightwheel negative calory wheels infused with peanut oil, but it would require a hydromatic fluid coupling dewhicky with Kevlar plated-brass nostrils and advance polymer photosynthetic Metallica syntax.

I think your buddy has bad info, take him to a grave yard, string him from a tree and threaten him until he spills the beans.
Putter bushings?! Are you a caveman? Everyone uses magnetic air-gapped bearings now.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
^you make a great point. Honestly I still use a flimsy one drive system for my family hauler. I would say I'm a knuckle dragging caveman if I'm honest

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Older thread but now that the new ZR1 Corvette will use the TVS2650 (on a 6.2 liter good for 755hp) does that mean Ford will also be using the 2650 blower?
At max 5.2L out of the Coyote platform it's hard to imagine similar power at a liter less displacement but if it's 1000rpm higher, possible.
Something similar to the GT350 package with let's say 700hp would be pretty impressive.
May not be worth the wait but I'd still be a buyer.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I would "assume" that Ford would be using the 2650 blower as well.
I heard no Roush Stage 3 till 2019 because they are working on CARB complaint. Not sure how much of that is true, but I haven't seen any photos of Stage 3 cars yet.

That new ZR1 is nothing nice though. Pretty killer looking with killer performance. 755HP and 715TQ.
Carries a heavy price tag, but you wanna play, you gotta pay. lol

conceptmachine

Established Member
I'll feel like Clark Griswold when he didn't get his Christmas bonus if it's less than 750HP. Just sayin. Count me out at 700hp.
The 5.2 crate CPC motor makes some serious power NA. I'm thinking it makes it past 750. At one time 6 months ago, an insider on another forum was hinting 750+. Recently he seen the numbers of the zr1 and said the zr1 will beat the new FP vehicle, but noted because of weight and COG etc, so i take that as the FP cars HP may be equal to or slighlty higher than the ZR1. Lots can change when trying to be in compliance.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll feel like Clark Griswold when he didn't get his Christmas bonus if it's less than 750HP. Just sayin. Count me out at 700hp.
The 5.2 crate CPC motor makes some serious power NA. I'm thinking it makes it past 750. At one time 6 months ago, an insider on another forum was hinting 750+. Recently he seen the numbers of the zr1 and said the zr1 will beat the new FP vehicle, but noted because of weight and COG etc, so i take that as the FP cars HP may be equal to or slighlty higher than the ZR1. Lots can change when trying to be in compliance.
What a great time to be a car person, huh??
Love the HP wars and the awesome cars that have been and are coming out.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
No way Ford waits this long and with all the 840 Demon hype drops a car with 700bhp. No way. If they do: FAIL

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member
No way Ford waits this long and with all the 840 Demon hype drops a car with 700bhp. No way. If they do: FAIL

How would 700 be a fail? If it can handle anything close to a gt350 it’ll walk away from hellcats and zl1s and maybe even zl11le on a road course and probably in a straight line since it’ll hopefully be lighter and they don’t need to go after the demon since its only meant to go in a straight line

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
How would 700 be a fail? If it can handle anything close to a gt350 it’ll walk away from hellcats and zl1s and maybe even zl11le on a road course and probably in a straight line since it’ll hopefully be lighter and they don’t need to go after the demon since its only meant to go in a straight line

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I’m thinking the demon made ford go back and start again??

Maybe the demon was a curve ball that Ford wasn’t expecting??

Maybe I’m full of shit??

Pick two. Hahahahahah

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

The ZR1 and any Mustang aren't remotely comparable.

Ford is not focusing on straight line cars at all. So what if the Demon is faster in a straight line? What are the chances of most people even seeing one, much less racing one? Not to mention, the Demon is still heavy as shit. As long as Ford keeps the weight in check, they won't need 840HP to outpace a Demon, if they even chose to pursue that route.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It will be over 700HP. It has to be.
More than likely a 5.2 cpc, supercharged with 2650 TVS.

Breitling

Established Member
I'll feel like Clark Griswold when he didn't get his Christmas bonus if it's less than 750HP. Just sayin.

I love your post. I would feel the same way. It's got to be at least 100 more HP than my '14 to make me feel like the wait was worth it. Otherwise, it's like getting the jelly of the month club.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I love your post. I would feel the same way. It's got to be at least 100 more HP than my '14 to make me feel like the wait was worth it. Otherwise, it's like getting the jelly of the month club.

Why does it need to be 100HP more? At this point, I think it's safe to say that we won't see another GT500 until the S650 (or whatever they call it) chassis. What if it comes in at <3600 lbs and 650HP?

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
My god, what has happened to pony cars? Why would anyone take a Camaro/Challenger/Mustang and try to make it a track weapon? Sure you could. But why?

Pony cars pretending to be sports cars. Enough already. It's pointless. There's nothing they could do to a Mustang to make it outperform a Vette/Viper around a road course. Nothing. Why? Because those cars were designed from the ground up for road course / track use.

And yes, 700bhp is a fail for such a long wait for the GT500. Do you think Dodge is going to stop at 707?

Also what will the GT500 cost? And lastly...where is it? All this speculating gets old.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
What if it comes in at <3600 lbs and 650HP?

So less weight than a 03/04 Cobra but almost 300 HP more? Doubtful in a huge way.

The HP will be there, but once you drop forced induction onto any motor you immediately add 50-100 lbs over the front axle.

I dont see the 650/3600lb combo happening, as much as i'd like to.

My god, what has happened to pony cars? Why would anyone take a Camaro/Challenger/Mustang and try to make it a track weapon? Sure you could. But why?

Pony cars pretending to be sports cars. Enough already. It's pointless. There's nothing they could do to a Mustang to make it outperform a Vette/Viper around a road course. Nothing. Why? Because those cars were designed from the ground up for road course / track use.

And yes, 700bhp is a fail for such a long wait for the GT500. Do you think Dodge is going to stop at 707?

Also what will the GT500 cost? And lastly...where is it? All this speculating gets old.

Agree with most of this... Dodge has it going on in a BIG way.

Hellcat to get a power increase next year too... from what ive been reading.

Clemson

Established Member

All of this plus a million! EXACTLY right.

SlowSVT

Established Member

The S550 is way more track oriented than it's Mustang predecessors, it's not even in the same class as a vette or Viper. Ford is in quite a pickle if they want the GT500 to compete power wise with Dodge or Chevy with the available engines. My understanding is they are having a hard time meeting durability test with the blown Coyote and Voodoo engines if they weren't the GT500 would already be on the showroom floor. Ford is focusing on electric and hybrid vehicles, performance cars are on the back burner. Even a 2019 GT500 is in doubt. The longer this drags out the less likely the car will materialize and when and if it does it will likely be a much different car than what we imagine now. Based on what I'm hearing electric motors are in the Mustangs future where Ford is trying to position itself as the car of the future where CO2 spewing engines are considered so "yesterday" by some. Me thinks at some point soon Ford will release a hybrid all electric AWD Mustang which would have stunning off-the-line launch capability like a Tesla but will get steamrolled by a Demon after 3rd gear. Chances are it will be designated something other than a GT500 which will likely be retired. A friend of mine was talking to a sales guy in the Ford booth at SEMA and he dismissed the Demon stating they were not going to compete in that marketplace (probably because as of now they "can't").

This story is going to take a couple more years to play out but the writing is on the wall. Until then we can continue to speculate.

Users who are viewing this thread