• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Launching A New Ministry, I Need Your Help

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Revvv, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Revvv

Revvv Infinity Poster Established Member

Before I get into the details I want to say thank you to Brad, Barry, and Travis for allowing me to post this thread. I made sure to cover all of my bases so that no lines were crossed or rules broken.

Please note that I am not asking for monetary gifts or donations. I want to be clear on that.

Most of you know that I am not only a music producer and engineer, I am also an ordained pastor and have been for almost 20 years. I took a brief break from serving as a full time pastor for several reasons (finishing my grad studies, personal family issues, etc). Well, the break is over. I will continue to work in the music industry in regard to studio work, but I am feeling lead to step out and launch a brand new church.

This will not be the first church plant / start up I have been involved in. I have consulted with several other pastors as they embarked on a similar journey. I have also helped launch three brand new ministries, and I personally lead Access Point Church here in GA.

I am taking a different approach in regard to how I have done things in the past. The normal route begins with a board of directors (all nonprofits have to have officers), and from there a small Bible study is formed. That small group builds, and over a period of time a functional church is grown. This is a long and slow process, and it has been known to fail if people lose motivation.

This ministry endeavor is not about me, nor is it for me. I am keeping my music business in the hope to be able to serve without financial compensation from the church. My goal is to invest in the community. I want to reach out and impact people's lives. I want people to see and experience hope, forgiveness, love, and truly become educated about God.

This is a true nonprofit organization. I am not selling anything. The church cannot function without people. Every church relies on volunteers and donors for support. That support leads to the ability to impact the lives of those in the community. I want to invest in the lives of those in need. I am looking forward to helping parents equip their children for school. I want to provide help for those that need help. I am looking to better the lives of people. The job of the Church is to serve. It really is that simple.

So what do I need help with?
    First and foremost I need all of the prayer I can get. If you are a believer, I am begging for you to pray for my family, me, and the people around me. Pray for wisdom, direction, and for the ability to accomplish the goal I am setting out to do.

I also need your support in a very big way. I have never attempted what I am doing, but I feel the need to hit the ground running. I want to have a launch that is running at full capacity. I want people to see that I am serious, and fully invested. To do this I need equipment.

Before I give a few examples of what I need, allow me to tell you what I am doing.

I am not planting a typical or traditional church. This church will be relevant, modern, and have the ability to attract, engage, and involve people. This is today's church for today's people. I want people that feel uncomfortable to feel welcome. I want those that have been rejected, to feel accepted. I want those that do not believe to become curious and learn.

So far things sound typical. I feel like the presentation needs to be loud and in your face. This will have a full stage production. If you were to visit it would feel as if you walked into a concert venue. I believe that environment is needed. People today are surrounded by screens, lights, and sound. Our culture is one of entertainment. Paul said to reach people you need to become all things to all people. This means we have to speak and relate in ways that are relevant to culture. I am not watering down the message, I am simply engaging the attention of the people.

I am asking you to please donate stage equipment if you have the ability. This equipment is not cheap, and there is no way I can do it on my own. I really am asking for all of the help I can get. I spend a lot of time on SVTP, and feel that a few of you may want to lend a hand. In fact, a couple of you have, and that has allowed me to get moving a bit.

I can use just about anything related to audio and video. Creativity goes a long way.

Examples of equipment :

I need live stage / performance gear.

•Mixing console(s) - I have one in mind, but it is not cheap by any means.

•Stage lighting

•Microphones

•Power amps

•Effects consoles, preamps, EQs, etc.

•Stands, cables, 1/4" tipped speaker cables

•Video Projector(s), screens, or screen material

•Instruments

•Rack cases

•Lighting controls (DMX board)

•Audio monitors

•Laptop

I can likely provide a lot more suggestions, but I think I made my point. I am putting together a full production rock concert that has a message.

We have quite a few musicians here, and you guys know what I need and what it takes to accomplish what I feel lead to do.

If you can help / want to help, please send me a PM. You can respond to this thread, but I do not want to post my address publicly (I have a wife and children to keep safe). Feel free to ask questions.

I know this post is long. I also understand that I left out a lot of details. My intent in this thread is not to preach.

As things come together I will give updates. I am also in the process of building a website (I'm struggling with that. I'm not as smart as I thought I was) that you will be able to follow the progress on. I will be launching a YouTube channel, and providing a live feed as I gain the ability.

Thank you for your prayer and support.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2. Coiled03

Coiled03 Premium Member Premium Member

I don't necessarily agree with how you're choosing to do it, but endeavoring to help your community is a noble effort, no matter the method, IMHO.

I wish you the best of luck. Unfortunately, I likely can't help provide any of what you need with the possible exception of things like RCA cables (you may be using HDMI instead?). If that interests you, let me know. I can send you pictures of what I have.

3. RDJ

RDJ ZERO shits given Established Member

I ain't got none of that. So I will wish you good luck in your new endeavor

me32 and Revvv like this.
  4. Revvv

I'm not 100% sure what I need in regard to cables just yet. I may need some RCA though.

I'm still a fan of VGA for video. I know, I'm outdated.

5. CV355

CV355 Official Loser of "The Game" Established Member

I have a ton of aluminum strut/extrusion you can have. Probably ~$3000 worth or so. I have some hardware to go with it. You could build some tank-proof enclosures with it.

I'll check but I think I have some XLR cables, retractable cord reels, wireless microphone, other stuff. Unfortunately I sold off all of my rack gear a few years ago and only have a few boxes of leftover "stuff" left.

Also, what specs do you need on the laptop?

6. 2KBlackGT

2KBlackGT The Man, Myth, The Legend Established Member

Can't really help with what you're asking for. It's still hard to get through my head that you're a pastor when I read some of your post here. However, Good luck with your endeavors bro!

Klaus, 98 svt, me32 and 4 others like this.
  7. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member

Connect with other churches in your state/area. Churches frequently update equipment and might be able to donate what they've outgrown to your new church. That's how we upgraded our sound board.

ssssnake and gimmie11s like this.
  8. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

machine_gun_preacher__2011__v3_by_morgulvan-daopv7j.png

me32, dynasty_v6 and 2KBlackGT like this.
  9. Revvv

I'm a real person. I am me no matter what. I'm goofy and have fun most of the time.

I'm not the typical pastor stereotype. I would be a hypocritical moron if I tried to fit into that mold.

HISSMAN and 03Sssnake like this.
  10. Revvv

Shoot me a text or a call. I have no idea what specs I need. Nothing special really. At least I don't think so.

11. Revvv

Already on that one Bob. That's how I have assembled several of the sound systems I have installed in local churches. I've just about picked everyone local clean for others. Lol

The positive in that is in the support those local churches will give me. I am trying to reach people they can't.

12. Revvv

That works. For a while I was called the world's fastest pastor. I was drag racing a mid to high 7 sec Hayabusa.

My screen name is actually from the track. I can't stand for people to call me Reverend. I do not deserve to be revered. The guys I raced with found this out and stopped calling me Aaron. I was introduced to everyone as Rev.

03Sssnake likes this.
  13. Revvv

I wasn't sure what to expect with this thread. A few guys that have not posted have a few things to share. I'm excited to find out what that might be.

I truly enjoy being a part of the SVTP community. I have a great time in LNC. Those are my people. If I could have a congregation of the LNC misfits, I would be in my element. That is the group of people I am trying to reach.

This thread will let you guys learn more about me if you want. It will also let you see a side of church most never get to see. I plan to share the development of things as they progress. I can promise you that it is an eye opening experience. You will begin to see your local churches in a different light.

14. Coiled03

Coiled03 Premium Member Premium Member

Nah - I've been to the kind of church you're trying to put together to see if a different presentation of the same message would make me feel any different. Short answer is, no.

Nevertheless, again, I wish you good luck.

big reg and Revvv like this.
  15. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Dont be a Hybred Premium Member Established Member

Examples?

Back handed best wishes for good luck (twice).... those are the best!

I'm sure you've been to all of "those kinds" of churches and they're all the same, right? How, again, is that type of thinking any different than that of those DEMs you love so dearly?

Aaron................... Best of luck and I'll certainly pray for you and yours. If it's God's Will, well, you know the rest.

Smooth, CV355, TK1299 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Revvv

...and I don't judge you for that. It isn't my job or place to judge. It's also not my job to force anyone to believe. My job is to educate and lead.

I have a very good friend of mine in Seattle that knows theology better than I ever will. He was raised in a black Southern Baptist Church (yes, there are still a few around, but is not a racist thing, it's cultural. I have visited, and it's rather fun). Today he claims to be an atheist. I don't bash him over the head with the Bible, and I don't plan on do so here. Your choices belong to you.

big reg likes this.
  17. Revvv

This is True North Church in North Augusta, SC. If anyone was curious about the stage setup I am after, here are a few still shots.

Who says church worship can't be like this?

...and yes, I still have the John Cooper style beard from Skillet. 20180610_113405.jpeg 20170827_114144_001.jpeg 20170827_115007.jpeg

18. CompOrange04GT

CompOrange04GT I like Wood, and not Oak Established Member

But... you have one... Lol

19. nxhappy

nxhappy Vette Killer Established Member

I don't have those commodities, but I commend you for your good deeds ....good luck !

Revvv likes this.
  20. HillbillyHotRod

HillbillyHotRod Hooligan rabble rouser Established Member

As long as it is focused on Jesus the Christ I pray that you succeed and reach many.

Smooth and Revvv like this.