Le Mans Blue C6 Z06

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronzeGod

Banned
My dad just decided to put a down payment on a 2006 Z! Any suggestions for first mods when he gets it? :dancenana:

LS2GTO

Established Member
Headers, cam, exhaust, heads, intake manifold, gears (dunno what stock Zs come with) and get that shit tuned. Pretty much the standard order for modding and LS engine.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Headers, cam, exhaust, heads, intake manifold, gears (dunno what stock Zs come with) and get that shit tuned. Pretty much the standard order for modding and LS engine.

Apparently you've never tuned a C6Z. Definitely doesn't need heads, intake manifold or gears. I think the Z has the highest flowing heads ever on a corvette by far and don't really even need porting.

If you want basic mods, go with and intake and full exhaust from longtubes back. Personally, I like Kooks headers and Borla stingers. A little more extreme and you can get a cam with supporting mods if needed on the Z, then tune it.

If you want looks, you can lower the car with the stock suspension, just look on corvette forums for a writeup.

Other than that, you don't really need anything else for those cars to be pimp.

BronzeGod

Banned
Apparently you've never tuned a C6Z. Definitely doesn't need heads, intake manifold or gears. I think the Z has the highest flowing heads ever on a corvette by far and don't really even need porting.

If you want basic mods, go with and intake and full exhaust from longtubes back. Personally, I like Kooks headers and Borla stingers. A little more extreme and you can get a cam with supporting mods if needed on the Z, then tune it.

If you want looks, you can lower the car with the stock suspension, just look on corvette forums for a writeup.

Other than that, you don't really need anything else for those cars to be pimp.

I think he was hinting at dropping a Procharger in there eventually. I showed him a Procharged C6 Z a while back lol. Looks like I'll have to do some research on supplemental mods for that path.

Defknotzero

Established Member

sounds like a mod list of things to do to a Ls1 or 2.

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Go to corvetteforum for ideas. Seems like they get more excited about Lloyd's floor mats than anything else.

Jroc

Established Member
I think a Procharger would be a good idea if he's wanting to replace the motor in the not so distant future. I don't want to sound like a big Vette expert, but I have read on several forums were Corvette drivers say that the LS7's don't take well to FI. People have done it, but they just don't last very long, and you have to run some low boost pressures. Just a H/C/I C6Z won't lose to much, and then throw a little spray on there and it would be rediculiously fast.

BTW I vote Borla exhaust. Stingers sound very nice on a LS6.

BronzeGod

Banned
I think a Procharger would be a good idea if he's wanting to replace the motor in the not so distant future. I don't want to sound like a big Vette expert, but I have read on several forums were Corvette drivers say that the LS7's don't take well to FI. People have done it, but they just don't last very long, and you have to run some low boost pressures. Just a H/C/I C6Z won't lose to much, and then throw a little spray on there and it would be rediculiously fast.

BTW I vote Borla exhaust. Stingers sound very nice on a LS6.

I just finished reading about that very same issue. FI on LS7 = ticking timebomb

SOHCit2me

Established Member
I don't want to sound like a big Vette expert, but I have read on several forums were Corvette drivers say that the LS7's don't take well to FI. People have done it, but they just don't last very long, and you have to run some low boost pressures.

Makes sense seeing that the ZR1 isn't a 7.0

Jroc

Established Member
Makes sense seeing that the ZR1 isn't a 7.0

Yeah, I think the biggest reason is because the LS7 block has very thin cylinderwalls, but IDK for sure. It also has a pretty high compression ratio I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread