Leaked 2015 Photos :: Mark your calendars!! Dec 5th the new Mustang will be unveiled!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Its a Mustang! your worried about getting in and out of the back, it appears people are using lame excuses to not like this car. Unfortunately if Ford made the the mustang out of gold there still would be people upset. There are gonna be a few ou there that will never like it but it is undoubtedly a Mustang.:rockon:

It seems the majority of the people who are complaining the most about the new look are 12-13 owners. I sense they are feeling threatened by the new hotness and will find any excuse to justify why their car is still better. IMO the 2015 looks like the SN95 progressed into a modern look. But I'm also a SN95 owner so of course I'm a little biased.

I'm going to get one, but I'll wait a year or two for any bugs or issues to get worked out because with every new model year there always seems to be some issue that gets corrected with the following year.

alivingmustang1

Established Member
The problem with the design is the simple fact that it does nothing to make you want to look at it over and over again. Hopefully they dump the 4 and really focus on the Coyote. Plus, the whole Global thing is BS...Ford has stated that they only expect to sell 10% globally, most of which will be in Canada. So, it's still an American car and it's okay to keep it looking like one. The Audi/350Z/Fusion lines are a mistake and hopefully the 2016 will be revamped with more muscular lines....Ford, it's okay to be American...

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Looks a lot better than a 2011 Stang that looks like a big steaming pile of crap..

Lol, madmax.

I don't think my 11 is that great looking either (still a great car). I was just hoping the 15 would look a little more aggressive, and less fishy.

alivingmustang1

Established Member
It seems the majority of the people who are complaining the most about the new look are 12-13 owners. I sense they are feeling threatened by the new hotness and will find any excuse to justify why their car is still better. IMO the 2015 looks like the SN95 progressed into a modern look. But I'm also a SN95 owner so of course I'm a little biased.

I'm going to get one, but I'll wait a year or two for any bugs or issues to get worked out because with every new model year there always seems to be some issue that gets corrected with the following year.

I highly doubt that the owners of the 2012-2013 Mustangs are the majority with the dislike of the new Mustang. If anything, I'd be excited to have the 2012-2014 because it really evolved into a muscle car from 2005. When the 2005 came out, everyone's jaw dropped and the car was just a runaway smash hit. The 2015 doesn't draw you in like the premiere of the 2005. Rather, it just fulfills what we pretty much expected Ford to do based on reports from the car industry. All the Internet hero renderings became a bore to look at and the new one doesn't deviate a whole lot from most predictions. I'm glad they left a little retro to the car. However, the Audi/350Z/Fusion styling appears to be in the structural lines just for the sake of change and something new. As I look at the Mustang, I'm not excited or joyous about anything in the styling. It's not something that I want to keep looking at. Show me a 1970 Mustang Boss 302 or a 2003-2004 Cobra, and I'll admire the cars from all angles, with a smile on my face. I guess the Fast and Furious crowd may like the new 'Stang? Maybe a few Honda Civic guys may dump their fart pipe cars for a change. I don't see any connection to the New Edge Mustangs or any evolution from them.

Despite what I'm saying, I surely hope that the car is a hit. I'm anxious to know how it handles, brakes and if the car can get traction with the IRS. I have zero interest in hearing a 4 banger. So, I hope the Coyote will continue to dominate the base V-8 models from Detroit and hopefully the 4 banger will be dropped from the line at some point. I would also expect a refresh of the body for 2016 model year - the pillars will look more muscular and front end should reflect a Mustang style rather than some Ford corporate style.

So, I'll certainly be happy to read about the performance. But, the style is just is "blah" IMO and it doesn't trigger any excitement within me. I just don't see many necks stretching backwards to do a double take when it passes on by.

Looking forward to the 2016 updates and changes...:whine:

kingnut

Established Member
I love how in 2014 ford finally realizes no one wants an external radio antenna but brings back separate turn signal housings...lmfao. its not a porche and it looks like shit. They should have kept the turn signals integrated into the headlight housings. It would have really cleaned up the front end and looked a lot more modern.

GrabberBluStang

Established Member
I highly doubt that the owners of the 2012-2013 Mustangs are the majority with the dislike of the new Mustang. If anything, I'd be excited to have the 2012-2014 because it really evolved into a muscle car from 2005. When the 2005 came out, everyone's jaw dropped and the car was just a runaway smash hit. The 2015 doesn't draw you in like the premiere of the 2005. Rather, it just fulfills what we pretty much expected Ford to do based on reports from the car industry. All the Internet hero renderings became a bore to look at and the new one doesn't deviate a whole lot from most predictions. I'm glad they left a little retro to the car. However, the Audi/350Z/Fusion styling appears to be in the structural lines just for the sake of change and something new. As I look at the Mustang, I'm not excited or joyous about anything in the styling. It's not something that I want to keep looking at. Show me a 1970 Mustang Boss 302 or a 2003-2004 Cobra, and I'll admire the cars from all angles, with a smile on my face. I guess the Fast and Furious crowd may like the new 'Stang? Maybe a few Honda Civic guys may dump their fart pipe cars for a change. I don't see any connection to the New Edge Mustangs or any evolution from them.

Despite what I'm saying, I surely hope that the car is a hit. I'm anxious to know how it handles, brakes and if the car can get traction with the IRS. I have zero interest in hearing a 4 banger. So, I hope the Coyote will continue to dominate the base V-8 models from Detroit and hopefully the 4 banger will be dropped from the line at some point. I would also expect a refresh of the body for 2016 model year - the pillars will look more muscular and front end should reflect a Mustang style rather than some Ford corporate style.

So, I'll certainly be happy to read about the performance. But, the style is just is "blah" IMO and it doesn't trigger any excitement within me. I just don't see many necks stretching backwards to do a double take when it passes on by.

I totally agree with your statement. I've recently brought a 2014 GT track pkg a month and half ago and I did have the opt to wait for the 2015. But when I saw the spy photos and then the Car and Driver 360 degree photos. First thing I said, the front end and the headlights doesn't represent the muscle car of the mustang. The rear is alright, but I never like the reverse light being at the bottom of the bumper near the exhaust. The interior look too busy for my taste and not to be driver friendly. I personally think the 2005-2014 represent the era of the 60's and 1970 which I really love the most.
With that being said, I've decided to not wait for the 2015 and buy the 2014 instead. So now that I saw the final production photos here, I'm so glad I made the right decision.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

The 11-14 crowd are by far the most vocal, here on SVTP and on Facebook. Most of the comments about it looking like a Nissan Altima, a FRS, Audi etc come from those owners. It shouldn't be a surprise either, a lot of 03-04 Cobra and Mach 1 owners were pretty vocal about the looks of the 05 when it was released too. They have an emotional attachment to their car and people tend to feel a need to defend what they have by degrading the thing getting attention. Like a previous poster said earlier, this thing could be the best thing since sliced bread and people would still complain about it because some people just need shit to bitch about.

I've made the open challenge a few times on these forums before asking WTF a mustang is supposed to look like in response to people saying the 15 doesn't look like a mustang. So I will propose the question to you, what is a mustang supposed to look like? Because each generation of mustang is pretty different, especially from the Fox era onward.

Performance is going to make the past generations look silly. IRS, an increase in power, a decrease in weight and dimension= killer track times. I think this car is going to be a huge hit. I'm glad they are moving past the retro look, I was sick of it in 2007.

Unrealford

Established Member
The 11-14 crowd are by far the most vocal, here on SVTP and on Facebook. Most of the comments about it looking like a Nissan Altima, a FRS, Audi etc come from those owners. It shouldn't be a surprise either, a lot of 03-04 Cobra and Mach 1 owners were pretty vocal about the looks of the 05 when it was released too. They have an emotional attachment to their car and people tend to feel a need to defend what they have by degrading the thing getting attention. Like a previous poster said earlier, this thing could be the best thing since sliced bread and people would still complain about it because some people just need shit to bitch about.

I've made the open challenge a few times on these forums before asking WTF a mustang is supposed to look like in response to people saying the 15 doesn't look like a mustang. So I will propose the question to you, what is a mustang supposed to look like? Because each generation of mustang is pretty different, especially from the Fox era onward.

Performance is going to make the past generations look silly. IRS, an increase in power, a decrease in weight and dimension= killer track times. I think this car is going to be a huge hit. I'm glad they are moving past the retro look, I was sick of it in 2007.

Well said, and I agree!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, 97desertCobra said it very well! I totally agree with everything he said. :)

Unrealford

Established Member
To be honest, now seeing the Silver GT video, I might test drive one and trade up if a Special model is announced.
Hate to trade my Boss in, but, it does sound like they made improvements in performance and handling.

GrabberBluStang

Established Member
To be honest, now seeing the Silver GT video, I might test drive one and trade up if a Special model is announced.
Hate to trade my Boss in, but, it does sound like they made improvements in performance and handling.
Your Boss will hold more value later in the future than the fugly 2015 model. I say keep your Boss.

LostPony

Established Member
I'm watching live to see the new car. From all the pics and especially the video, I am liking it more and more. Even if performance is better, which I expect it will be, I won't trade away my Boss, but rather will add a hoped for Mach 1 model in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread