Lean at high RPM/load

Why Try

Established Member
When my local dragstrip closed 7+ years ago I stopped racing and haven't driven the car much since then. The track is reopening soon and I took the car out for a test hit. Way lean and I can feel the car slow and lose power so I'm pretty sure A/F is correct or very close. I'm thinking mechanical issue. Fuel pressure goes really low as well. Datalog attached for 6.5 livelink but I don't know to much about reading logs. Also is there a way to see BAP volts or if BAP is working in a log? Thoughts of what to look at and check would but great. Thanks

2.8H
BAP with wire upgrade
FPDM upgraded
Stock hat and pumps with PPRV delete.
42,000 miles

Attachments

• 21.7.22 Tower hit.csv
    90.5 KB · Views: 69

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The first thing I'd check is voltage. If the alternator can't keep up the pumps won't keep up. From there I'd check the pumps and BAP. Personally I would upgrade the pumps and ditch the BAP anyway.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
When my local dragstrip closed 7+ years ago I stopped racing and haven't driven the car much since then. The track is reopening soon and I took the car out for a test hit. Way lean and I can feel the car slow and lose power so I'm pretty sure A/F is correct or very close. I'm thinking mechanical issue. Fuel pressure goes really low as well. Datalog attached for 6.5 livelink but I don't know to much about reading logs. Also is there a way to see BAP volts or if BAP is working in a log? Thoughts of what to look at and check would but great. Thanks

2.8H
BAP with wire upgrade
FPDM upgraded
Stock hat and pumps with PPRV delete.
42,000 miles

Lol, your poor injectors trying to flow with no pressure. Alt voltage seems good, have to +1 on the above comment. That's a lot of blower for a BAP and that is a bandaid to begin with. I'd def put pumps in that aren't running 150% at all times. Only thing that jumps out is under load it's trying to run the pumps as hard as it can and when you let off pressure spikes. BAP might not be working or just not enough. Voltage never really gets "low" for these cars which always dip. Be nice to see it higher but on a stock style alt pretty much what it's going to do.

Users who are viewing this thread