Least favorite things about owning a Terminator

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I hate the fact that people bitch about a car that is FAR AND AWAY the best 30K car ever made.
I say kudos to Ford, and Mr. Colleti, a beer on me anytime.
:beer:
I paid, 40k for my first cobra in 04 and I'll absolutely pick up the tab for Colleti.:beer:

Last edited:

Venimus03

Established Member
I also wish that the driver and passenger seat would recline further...

SpectorV

Established Member
Wheels should have been 18 inch from the factory.

the SVT engineers tried out 18s, it handles better with the 17 inch setup it has now vs 18s. Sad but true.

I dont like:

wheel hop
coolant passage issue on the head
piston clearance
not having GOOD subframes from the factory
weight
the regular issues.

Satyr

Established Member
+1 on that.

Sometime I hate the attention and then sometimes I like it.
I hate when people hear what you have you always get the well I know someone or I am related to someone that has this and this and its such much faster.

I agree that this is one of the most annoying things about owning a cobra.

waydeg

Established Member
The fact that I'll have to wait another year to buy my 04 vert after I pay this one off.:D
One can never have TOO many Mustangs.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
What I hate the most is that only hardcore Mustang guys know what a Terminator is. Everyone else thinks it is just another Mustang or another Cobra.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
any negatives are FAR outshadowed by the pluses of owning the car, but my least favorite things would be:

- weight
- eats the brakes/tires quickly (in part a by product of weight)
- cannot plant the power in stock trim (wheelhop)

that's about all i can think of!

I have to agree with you. And many of the negative mentioned are there simply because this was never a $50K car. Had it been, overall quality and technology would have been ramped up a notch or two. Out of the factory this was a monster home run as far as bang-for-the-buck. :rockon:

Black Sex

Established Member
i hate when your driving through a neighborhood going 25-30mph in 2nd or 3rd gear and someone yells at you to slow down. i guess you can get that with any loud car but it seems to happen alot,.

AaronK

Established Member
i hate when your driving through a neighborhood going 25-30mph in 2nd or 3rd gear and someone yells at you to slow down. i guess you can get that with any loud car but it seems to happen alot,.

OMG tell me about it!!! I got into an actual fight because some lady yelled slow down (I was going 20 but downshifted into 1st to slow down coming up to my grandmas house) and I yelled back as I got out of the car that I was doing bellow the speed limit. I guess her man got all upset and started yelling and walking across the street. Told him to chill and go back inside until he pushed me... :bored: the guy is lucky he didn't get shot. My uncle came out as we were going at it and drew down on him with his 357. People are idiots sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread