Leather Care/Conditioner/Protectant

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Hello detail guru's.

I'm in search of some leather care for my car. Last year I had the seats redone in some really nice leather, so I want to keep them in tip top shape for as long as possible. I'm looking for something good to clean them, condition them and protect them for spills and UV rays (especially since it's red)

Any tips appreciated! I'm also looking suggestions for something to clean white stitching on the seats and steering wheel.

Thanks fellas :beer:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Just placed my order for the leatherique kit. Will report back :beer:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Interested to hear what you think - seems some love it - others not soo much.

From what I read, it seemed like the one's who weren't happy about it didn't seem to read the label. I'm almost positive that my leather in untreated (with the protective layer like most cars have) because it is so soft. Either way, it seems like 99% of people are happy with it. I'll do a test to start as well.

I also just ordered a bottle of 303 Aerospace protectant for added UV resistance after the treatment is done

dam2v

Slow Cobras INC
Established Member
I use the Adams cleaner and then the conditioner. Doesn't leave a slick film or residue. Smells great too

Imatk

Established Member
The most important thing you can do for your seats is keep them clean.

The UV protectant etc. is fine, but you'll get most of the wear on the side bolsters from sliding in and out of the car.

I use Leathermaster's for a protectant and use their Vital as well.

Both products are excellent. Their cleaner is really good as well. Although lately I've been using Chemical guys leather cleaner just because I got a bottle and it works very well. It's full strength and needs to be diluted, but it foams nicely and cleans without too much trouble.

I only do a clean with the CG or LM stuff maybe once every two months. The rest of the time I wipe down the seats with just a damp cloth to pickup any surface dirt/oil.

9TMAREEE

Established Member
For cleaning i use both chemical guys leather cleaner and also Adams leather cleaner, as for protection I have only used Leathermasters protection cream and it does a great job at protecting your seats. All of todays modern leather seats are coated (kind of like clear coat on your paint) so using any sort of conditioner really does nothing but sit on the surface of the seat rather than go into the actual hyde.

Users who are viewing this thread