Leave Comcast for Verizon Fios?

Never_Enough

Established Member
I have Comcast Xfinity for both cable & internet.

Thinking about it. Comcast keeps jacking up my bill and/or screwing it up every damn month. Getting tired of this shit.
I pay about $135 per mo w/Comcast for Internet & TV.

Don't chime in with Netflix & such.

lastcall190

Established Member
I have had Fios for about 5 years between all the places I've lived in northern NJ. I love it. Had Optimum before that. This was cheaper, I like the interface better, though besides Optimum it's all I've had. Eventually I am looking to dump it but that's not your question. I like Fios and would recommend to others under the guise of, I am getting what I pay for, have no complaints about service outages, and the bill has never had a surprise (besides when they charged me almost 900 for not returning the DVR... quick call to billing sorted that out). I pay 100/mo for internet/TV and that's after all taxes. No special packages though.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I have had Fios for about 5 years between all the places I've lived in northern NJ. I love it. Had Optimum before that. This was cheaper, I like the interface better, though besides Optimum it's all I've had. Eventually I am looking to dump it but that's not your question. I like Fios and would recommend to others under the guise of, I am getting what I pay for, have no complaints about service outages, and the bill has never had a surprise (besides when they charged me almost 900 for not returning the DVR... quick call to billing sorted that out). I pay 100/mo for internet/TV and that's after all taxes. No special packages though.
How many HD channels with that? The one I am looking at is $95 before fees & taxes.
Why are you looking to dump it?

lastcall190

Established Member
Only for some type of streaming service. My wife and I don't watch much TV anymore, and so long as I can find Mickey or the like for my daughter, she is happy when it's time to watch some TV on a crappy day. I would have to check when I get home for # of HD Channels.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
^^^ is waiting for the cut the cord guys, lol.
I wish we had some type of fiber here. It's either dish or Comcast. I'll stick with Comcast.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have had FIOS for a while now. Never jacking up the price surprises or anything like that and the customer service is pretty good, if you need it.
Although, they did trying jacking up the FIOS bill because I did not renew the contract "in time" or it was ending soon and they jacked up the price another 15 bucks per month. So,.......I called them up and it was all taken care of because I was/is a long time loyal customer and signed up for the same locked in price for 2 more years. Back to the regular price and they discounted that overcharged bill immediately. So, I am happy with their service and their customer service.
FWIW, I have a friend that has Comcast and he cannot stand their service. It goes out quite often for him. He said he would switch in a heartbeat if he could, but there isn't any other provider in that area.

bigmoose

Established Member
I had Comcast when I lived in Boston and didn't have any complaints with the service quality. Price was decent but I only had them in my name for 2 years then moved so I didn't deal with contract renewal.

On that note I have FiOS now and like it. I have custom TV and gigabit Ethernet with one TV box and pay $125/mo out the door. My only complaint is the custom TV package doesn't not include a lot of channels.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My Comcast is really good. Internet flies, never lose service. The price, well, you need to do the two year deal.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i had FIOS for a couple of years. it was great. we left it for direct tv to get the At&t unlimited deal. i prefer Fios but oh well.
i kept Fios for internet. i have the upper level tier and its fast. i recently upgraded to a higher tier and they gave me a better price lol.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Netflix & such.

My last provider was Verizon and the quality was so crappy I'd never go back. Xfinity is my provider now and it is leaps and bounds ahead. Granted I only had DSL but it went out every day multiple times per day. If it was connected, the speed was not consistent.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Verizon advertises waived setup fee on the site. I called to sign up & they say oh that's if you or that home had Fios before blah blah. So bait & switch! GFY. Looks like I'm staying with Comcast. I'm not paying you $90 extra for doing your job.

281CJ

Established Member
I and multiples of my friends have left Comcast for FIOS. none of us have ever wanted to go back, and we all now pay less for more channels and faster speeds.

281CJ

Established Member
Verizon advertises waived setup fee on the site. I called to sign up & they say oh that's if you or that home had Fios before blah blah. So bait & switch! GFY. Looks like I'm staying with Comcast. I'm not paying you $90 extra for doing your job.

$90 is nothing when you are saving 20-40 a month.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Signed up online & the bs setup fee was waived. I better still get the $250 gift card as well. Install date is 6/13.

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
I have Fios, it gets very windy in my area and the satellite services can go in and out a lot. I never have any trouble with fios and I love the on demand stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread