Let us play, "Name that internal failure!"

coleman

Established Member
94SVT Coupe, thank you. I hope DSF & the folks over there can figure it out, cuz I'm not doing any of the work except for paying the bills :lol1:

I just got my cams & lifters in today & my block comes in early next week... we're just about ready to start the build.

still fighting with maybe getting a MAF & canton/accusump system.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
thanks alot 94SVT Coupe , somne useful INFO!!!!!

Coleman, I was out of the shop today. My little girl was sick. I promise I will get back in the offive on Fri and find out the information for you as to when the internals will show up!!!!!

Fastford

Established Member
Coleman I have an extra canton pan if your intersted. I just put one on my car. Very nice peice. starts off as a ford pan.

Jason

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
Jason,
i know he will want it. guess you could send it with pumps, unless they are alrady on their way!

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
havent heard. been away from shop. havent talked to him since sat

coleman

Established Member
i didn't get the pumps today -- just the cams & lifters.

DSF, have you talked to Accusump yet?
FastFord sent me a 7&8 cooling system that i need to have installed before the tranny... should get it like monday or tuesday.
engine should be in early next week, right?

DSF, maybe i should start bringing some of these parts over friday? cams, lifters, K-member, wbO2, 55# injectors, & other goodies...

coleman

Established Member
FastFord, PM me the tracking # on the pumps -- i didn't get them yet. maybe they need a signature or something like that... :shrug:

DSF, i'll need new socks for the pumps ... right, FastFord.
This should be an AWESOME car. I can hardly wait...
We also need to discuss MAFs, Accusump, & tuning.

maoun

Established Member
gotcha....i have that one in my car....i hooked it up to the autometer lunar a/f gauge

m.

maoun

Established Member
there's a simple output cable you can buy from them (or radio shack, for that matter)....it's a 3/8" mini stereo cable with one of the ends cut...you'll find 3 wires inside.....the unshielded wire is the ground....the other two are TWO outputs....so you only need one of them....run it to the a/f gauge.....and scale it using the LM1 software to be: 0 volts = 20 A/F and 1 volt = 10 A/F

i have a convertible and nobody makes pods for me to put it up there so i just mounted a carbon fiber cup (one made for putting outside the windshield right before the hood) on the pillar....looks great....i'm already using the dual bezel (oil temp and water temp) and the column mount (vacuum/boost with a raptor shift light mounted to it)

coleman

Established Member
i've already got the autometer lunar A/F gauge ... cool, i didn't know i could configure the analog output of the LM1 unit. :thumbsup:

maoun

Established Member
you definitely can....

and, i've used the FJO unit side to side with the LM1....i've also compared the LM1 to a dynojet wideband....i've seen VERY little difference.....i think that for the cost it's an incredible unit

coleman, you'll like the setup...makes that freakin gauge useful for once in its life, eh? granted it's probably the worst quality autometer gauge i've ever seen, but hey, gets the job done in the end......expect a lot of voltage ghosting through the gauge...

m.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Coleman's care was contagious.

I had my engine go out last Saturday for a suspected spun rod bearing. I thought that I could take the engine back to stock by replacing the pulley and chip but the dealer said they can't submit the claim or I would have the warranty voided. Too many signs that I modded the car and exhibit that I must be racing it.

They quoted about $6K and I may be fortunate that they would cover the loaner car.

Lone Star Performance quoted an estimate of $2.5K to rebuild the engine and my downtime would be 4 weeks. I intend to improve the engine to prevent this failure from happening again and considering a larger qty oil pan and oil pressure gauge to be added to the boost gauge I installed on the pillar.

I would appreciate all the same suggestions but my piggy bank is busted and need to have the least cost approach and quickest turn around to get the car back. I don't have a spare to use.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Add me to the list

Failure at 13,000 miles. Engine comming out for rebuild. This was a sick puppy from the get go! Freaking car turns out to be a Ford afterall!

Never raced WOT....road racing..... never 1/4 mile. Always ran hot...even with Fluidyne rad, Gords with fans, Meziere, and Evans coolant.

F me!

Users who are viewing this thread