Lethals FRPS adapter for budget return system

xtremekustomz

Established Member
Hey guys just wanted to pass on some useful information for anyone installing the FRPS on the budget return system on there cobra. You have to machine the fitting alittle to help press on the sensor or it keeps ripping the rubber grommets. I went through 2 sets before deciding to take the sharp end off and now it works and seals great. It was very discouraging to start the system and have gas pouring out of that sensor cause the rubbers kept getting distroyed, so i thought id pass on the advice to help future headaches. All the best guys, the budget return system is great other thn that.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys just wanted to pass on some useful information for anyone installing the FRPS on the budget return system on there cobra. You have to machine the fitting alittle to help press on the sensor or it keeps ripping the rubber grommets. I went through 2 sets before deciding to take the sharp end off and now it works and seals great. It was very discouraging to start the system and have gas pouring out of that sensor cause the rubbers kept getting distroyed, so i thought id pass on the advice to help future headaches. All the best guys, the budget return system is great other thn that.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look a the fitting tomorrow. Did you use any type of lubricant on the FRPS o-ring when installing it onto the adapter?

Jared

xtremekustomz

Established Member
Ya I lubed it with grease and it would still cut the o -rings, so I just machined down the sharp edge alittle and it worked perfectly.

whipple19_zps399b9674.jpg

whipple20_zpsb5b37a14.jpg

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ya I lubed it with grease and it would still cut the o -rings, so I just machined down the sharp edge alittle and it worked perfectly.

whipple19_zps399b9674.jpg

whipple20_zpsb5b37a14.jpg

That's weird. I just installed a stock FRPS onto the adapter with some WD40 and it went into the adapter without tearing the o-ring. I slowly twisted the sensor onto the adapter and it went right in. Are the -rings you're using on your stock FRPS the same size as stock or possibly a little larger?

None the less I appreciate the feedback and will have the adapter beveled on our next run to help with installation.

Thanks, Jared

xtremekustomz

Established Member
Ya stock rings...maybe it was just my piece....no idea. But shes all together now and not leaking. So Im happy!!! Nicely built Return kit

TXEnginerd

Established Member
I don't mean to revive a somewhat old thread but I figure my feedback is worth the bump. I stumbled upon this thread while looking for info on FRPS replacement o-rings after I had this same issue. I bought my budget return system in March. I'm going to try grinding the edge down on mine since that worked so well for OP here. I'd definitely recommend making this minor change to the original part (and maybe giving customers the option to pay extra to have the fittings pre-pressed into the return fuel line - that part sucked lol).

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
We're sorry that you had the issue with the sharp edge, but it looks like you two may have just received an adapter that wasn't fully deburred for some reason. All of the other adapters here from the same run as the pieces you have are smooth, and we have a test sensor that we put into the adapter and it slid right in with a very light amount of O ring grease.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
is there a popular location where many are installing this fitting when going with the budget return kit since the factory location is used for the regulator in the kit?

I plan on retaining the factory fuel rails..BTW

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
is there a popular location where many are installing this fitting when going with the budget return kit since the factory location is used for the regulator in the kit?

I plan on retaining the factory fuel rails..BTW

On the budget kit the regulator mounts to the rail with the reg to rail adapter and plugs the other port on the regulator with a -8an port plug. If you remove that port plug you can install the FRPS adapter there.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread