c25f7a4146de827b4baecea771566633.jpg
5049d3a093b9253e2c6a36d8249da73b.jpg
f12010cb8c173b07d2551f57f7e0f8c4.jpg

Outfits for the Miami trip in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I have a long way to go with the Canon R5 I picked up. File sizes are massive, Adobe doesn't have dedicated color profiles for this camera yet, and as a result workflow slows to a crawl. That said, the detail is incredible. We plan on a dedicated GT500 shoot but I'm still going through files from the last shoot when I have time.

z5P1A0773-4K.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Was up at the crack of dawn to do a shoot. Drove to the middle of nowhere and I think it went well. Gonna take me forever to go through everything but here's one from the drone I brought. Camera on my Mavic Pro Platinum is shit but I'll make up for that with some of the captures with the R5 and an RF 50mm f/1.2 lens.

zorg_17f2bd38cc274e03_1621159838000z.jpg

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Was up at the crack of dawn to do a shoot. Drove to the middle of nowhere and I think it went well. Gonna take me forever to go through everything but here's one from the drone I brought. Camera on my Mavic Pro Platinum is shit but I'll make up for that with some of the captures with the R5 and an RF 50mm f/1.2 lens.

View attachment 1704057
Awesome car cover on both. Lol
e1ad82204c21c988b9894b17f1c3f864.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It is interesting, the perception people have. I'll put it this way - I have known the family for more than four decades now and we've been through a lot together. Their one son was my best friend, strongest kid I ever knew and died in a freak accident on his 21st birthday. I had been with him all day just prior to what happened. Married one of the sisters. The father got me into the skilled trades. We built a house for each family member. He now has Alzheimer's, kinda bad, and it has affected everyone. My sister in law, Cindy, is nearing retirement as a phys ed teacher and wanted to get into acting and doing commercials so I built her a studio in her basement. I was already into photography because of the automotive hobby so everything is just natural. It has paid off as she is now constantly doing auditions that are live via Zoom, etc, and they often also want photos. So this stuff you see is just for fun but with the idea that anything good can add to the portfolio.

I think people assume there is always something dastardly or nefarious going on, especially if their eyes tell them it must be so. Your perception is your reality. I'm just happy to photograph more than a shiny bumper or a lug nut for once. It does help that Cindy is absolutely hilarious and more creative than I am. And the other thing...I'm on the way out. Open heart surgery hopefully keeps me going for a few more but I'm on borrowed time. So it would be easy to say **** what anybody thinks, I'm doing what I want to do.

One more thing. I do "readings" for a number of the auditions after all the video gear is setup so I see the scripts she constantly gets. The people in that industry are truly a twisted bunch. There's always a therapist involved somehow, and a fruitcake around every corner.

She just did a commercial with Paula Abdul last week. I think it was for a curling iron. I have a shitty cell phone photo somebody took of her next to Paula in between filming. She is tiny, about 5' I think.

i-9DVmpzC-XL.jpg

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
It is interesting, the perception people have. I'll put it this way - I have known the family for more than four decades now and we've been through a lot together. Their one son was my best friend, strongest kid I ever knew and died in a freak accident on his 21st birthday. I had been with him all day just prior to what happened. Married one of the sisters. The father got me into the skilled trades. We built a house for each family member. He now has Alzheimer's, kinda bad, and it has affected everyone. My sister in law, Cindy, is nearing retirement as a phys ed teacher and wanted to get into acting and doing commercials so I built her a studio in her basement. I was already into photography because of the automotive hobby so everything is just natural. It has paid off as she is now constantly doing auditions that are live via Zoom, etc, and they often also want photos. So this stuff you see is just for fun but with the idea that anything good can add to the portfolio.

I think people assume there is always something dastardly or nefarious going on, especially if their eyes tell them it must be so. Your perception is your reality. I'm just happy to photograph more than a shiny bumper or a lug nut for once. It does help that Cindy is absolutely hilarious and more creative than I am. And the other thing...I'm on the way out. Open heart surgery hopefully keeps me going for a few more but I'm on borrowed time. So it would be easy to say **** what anybody thinks, I'm doing what I want to do.

One more thing. I do "readings" for a number of the auditions after all the video gear is setup so I see the scripts she constantly gets. The people in that industry are truly a twisted bunch. There's always a therapist involved somehow, and a fruitcake around every corner.

She just did a commercial with Paula Abdul last week. I think it was for a curling iron. I have a shitty cell phone photo somebody took of her next to Paula in between filming. She is tiny, about 5' I think.

View attachment 1704127

I didn’t know you had a bum ticker, I wish you the best of luck with either a successful surgery or transplant. Family dynamics are an interesting thing, most would see what they want from the outside, you have built a strong connection with your in-laws from the start, that’s rough to hear about your father in law going down the road of dementia. We just put my in laws in a memory care facility and it’s rough to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Sorry if I should have been clearer - I had open heart surgery for an ascending aortic aneurysm. The aortic root swelled up to about double the average diameter and was ready to burst. Thanks to the Cleveland Clinic, dacron/stitches holding my heart together, a Modified David Procedure (my valve was good but because it was inside the aneurysm I suddenly had a valve issue too), some great rehab and wife that was there for me every moment of the way, I'm able to be here today. The procedure was done in 2019 and if I get 5 years out of it I'm thankful. My surgery was complicated and I got what I believe to be the best heart surgeon in the world. If you or anyone close to you needs heart surgery, Cleveland is where you go and Eric Roselli is the guy you want to put your trust in (they have a plethora of excellent heart surgeons there). The guy saved my life when things looked very grim.

Sounds like you can relate to what I said about the dementia and I'm sorry to hear you are going through this too with your family. It really puts everything in perspective. It does allow things to be clearer because you quickly learn how limited choice becomes.

MG0h3

Established Member
Sorry if I should have been clearer - I had open heart surgery for an ascending aortic aneurysm. The aortic root swelled up to about double the average diameter and was ready to burst. Thanks to the Cleveland Clinic, dacron/stitches holding my heart together, a Modified David Procedure (my valve was good but because it was inside the aneurysm I suddenly had a valve issue too), some great rehab and wife that was there for me every moment of the way, I'm able to be here today. The procedure was done in 2019 and if I get 5 years out of it I'm thankful. My surgery was complicated and I got what I believe to be the best heart surgeon in the world. If you or anyone close to you needs heart surgery, Cleveland is where you go and Eric Roselli is the guy you want to put your trust in (they have a plethora of excellent heart surgeons there). The guy saved my life when things looked very grim.

Sounds like you can relate to what I said about the dementia and I'm sorry to hear you are going through this too with your family. It really puts everything in perspective. It does allow things to be clearer because you quickly learn how limited choice becomes.

Wow. What kind of symptoms did you have that led them to discover the AAA?

The instructors always give us some scenario about that in our EMT training and I’m like how the **** are we going to even think about that at our level lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

Read the link to the procedure.....

That’s bizarro world stuff. How many people just started pulling/stitching/“tailoring” pieces of hearts together before they figured out this stuff works.

Mind-blowing to me even if it isn’t really complex stuff.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Wow. What kind of symptoms did you have that led them to discover the AAA?

I just started coughing one day and had shortness of breath. I'm beat up but was always in good shape and don't drink or smoke - never did. I was coughing so hard I was seeing stars. Dry cough. Two doctors visits and was being treated for a throat infection, which I didn't have. Still coughing a lot I went back for a third visit in two months. They gave me an ekg and after looking at the results my doctor herself took me to the ER. She though I was having a heart attack. After 3 hrs they realized it was an aneurysm. Plenty of testing after that and I knew I had to go under the knife.

Not happy with the facilities in Buffalo, I called Cleveland Clinic and made an appointment. A few back and forth visits and a date was chosen, some 6 months later. Huge risk that it could burst in the meantime but there is a long line and you have to wait your turn. Not gonna lie, it was a brutal procedure but CC made it doable. I've since had a pleural effusion, gall bladder removed, and a stroke in my left eye. And I take plenty of meds. I'm strong again but ready if I suffer another system failure. So the photography is a welcome distraction.

Read the link to the procedure.....

That’s bizarro world stuff. How many people just started pulling/stitching/“tailoring” pieces of hearts together before they figured out this stuff works.

Mind-blowing to me even if it isn’t really complex stuff.

The valve procedure was secondary to the aneurysm issue. Basically, they lower your body temperature on a table, slice your chest vertically, grind through your sternum so they can open up your chest cavity, clamp off your heart after linking the arteries in your neck to a giant machine to keep your brain alive, then they squeeze the life out of your heart, completely stopping it, and then the cutting and suturing begins. When you wake up you wish you were dead. It is as rough as it gets, not gonna lie.

I got lucky somehow. Every single girl, and I mean this truthfully, that took care of me in ICU was a knockout. My wife wondered who did the hiring. I had to learn how to walk again and couldn't speak for days. I was in bed for over a week and a half. They were constantly doing things to me and not many of them were enjoyable. I was given all kinds of injections and meds and connected to machines in a dozen or so different ways. The fentanyl was next level - I saw Jesus twice, in my room, staring at me. Nobody else did so I figured I must be special because I haven't gone to church since 1973.

Anyway, if anybody here needs help with something like this you go right ahead and contact me. I'll do anything I can to help.

Now that Jesus has my back, we should probably get back to the bewbies. He still hasn't said anything to me so he must be good with a healthy appreciation of the female anatomy.

Users who are viewing this thread