Lets see those trucks!

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Looks good my man, I work at a freightliner dealer, I've been to the Detroit Plant, they are the best on the market right now. Did your dealer sell you extended warranty? I have so many customers that get screwed over by the selling dealer not offering warranty to them just to make the sale.

I did get the extended warranty! The way I use this truck, the extended warranty was a must for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
camper.jpg

andymarkv

Established Member
LOVE this truck.

I had a 94 2wd BASE model (wash out floors and crank windows!) that was diesel with the nv4500, RPO code MT8. That girl would knock down 25 mpg with ease tank after tank. I miss it and need another. ASAP
Thanks! Dad has asked if I want it when he's done with it...I always answer yes, but I hope its not for a long time!(He's 75)
I imagine I would LS swap it...or who knows 7.3 or 6.8 swap it if they're affordable by then? Brand doesn't matter to me as long as its big cubes in a small package, with modern tech!

Your '94 was 6.5 turbo/NV4500...in a half ton?!? Thats very cool! Did the 6.5 have the same power output as the HD trucks?
I know the 6.5T wasn't a powerhouse...but I remember them being OK, especially compared to the non-turbo and TBI trucks of the era.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks! Dad has asked if I want it when he's done with it...I always answer yes, but I hope its not for a long time!(He's 75)
I imagine I would LS swap it...or who knows 7.3 or 6.8 swap it if they're affordable by then? Brand doesn't matter to me as long as its big cubes in a small package, with modern tech!

Your '94 was 6.5 turbo/NV4500...in a half ton?!? Thats very cool! Did the 6.5 have the same power output as the HD trucks?
I know the 6.5T wasn't a powerhouse...but I remember them being OK, especially compared to the non-turbo and TBI trucks of the era.

Yeah, the 94 was definitely a RARE combo with that diesel and the 4500. No powerhouse, but she was efficient.

I also had a 93 short bed half ton with the nv4500 and the 4.3 v6-- that one was a 4x4. Another one I should have kept!

andymarkv

Established Member
One last pic before Dad took it back...
OBS.jpg

For any OBS Chevy guys...LS Fab now makes a "tailgate assist". Pop would some times "drop" the gate and thats annoying, problem solved!
OBS tailgate.jpg

Not sure how or why...but for some reason OBS trucks with this style headrest seem to get all blown out on the driverside? This has bugged me for YEARS!
I was fortunate to find a perfect one in the junkyard for 5 bucks.
OBS headrest.jpg

OBS headrest 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread