Let's talk home Espresso

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Did my first two years in the Navy in Sicily....those coffee shops were amazing.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We have a Breville Dual Boiler BES920XL and a BCG820BSSXL burr grinder. We use Maromas Orphea beans.

Like others we drank a lot of Starbucks. Then we bought our machine September 2017. Since then, based on cleaning cycles of the machine, we have brewed roughly 1100 double-shots. At an average price of $5.50 per drink at SB, this is about $5800. So we are easily $3500 ahead after the cost of the machine and beans/consumables. Plus, as others have said, the difference in taste and quality is incomparable.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
After drinking "coffee" on a DDG for a week I can appreciate any other coffee.
HAHAHA....Yeah..had some ruff nights the 10 years of sea duty I went through on Minehunters and Minesweepers. 5 and Dimes suck! We use to stock up on Boom Booms.....Middle Eastern Red Bulls....

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
My brother in law and sister made a coffee bar in their home after he found a Victoria Arduino Adonis 3 station barely used from a coffee shop going out of business. He wired it up to a 220 outlet, ran a water line, and boom, espressos for days.

48051927507_20f9ea3039_b.jpg

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
We upgraded from a Keurig to a Nespresso Vertuo a few months ago and never looked back. We don’t brew actual espresso very often but the 8 oz coffees are fantastic. The quality of the coffee over K-cups is obvious. Our bundle came with a milk frother. Best home brew coffee I’ve ever had.

And the Nespresso app makes ordering a breeze. Most of the time it’s free next day delivery.
There was a coffee thread awhile back and I mentioned this. The nespresso is phenomenal. Vertuo and order the gold color flavor, ****inf delicious. And again, I'm not even a coffee guy.

nxhappy

Established Member
A Keurig, 5 cups black, and I'm ready to knock out a midget on main st ave !!!

My94GT

Established Member
We have a nespresso currently and it’s great for on the go stuff. A buddy just got the breville BES870XL and has been raving about how well it does at its price point so I may look into one of those.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, it appears a few of us have gone and went Full Retard with dedicated hardcore espresso machines..... That Victoria Arduino three group machine costs more than my Fiesta ST.....

bigmoose

Established Member
Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v1
Mazzer Robur with an Auber timer
Rancilio Rocky is on French press duty

Not into roasting yet, but I suppose it’s inevitable...

View attachment 1579638
Nice machine. I know mazzers are good but damn are they too tall with Hoppers that hold pounds and pounds of beans. Clearly designed for a shop. I've also cant stand dosers.

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
Nice machine. I know mazzers are good but damn are they too tall with Hoppers that hold pounds and pounds of beans. Clearly designed for a shop. I've also cant stand dosers.

Yes the Robur is big and weighs 70 lbs....does that make it anti theft? The Amber timer really helps to grind the near perfect amount. I usually drink 3 triples (21 gram) per day, so the waste is minimal.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I run a Crossland CC1, with a Baratza Vario grinder. Great entry level setup for under $1,000. Here is a little video I did after I added a custom pressure gauge. Running at about 10 bar.

Users who are viewing this thread