Let's talk trucks

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
****ing wrong! Had mine for over a year, not one recall or TSB. Now STFU.

Not sure what else to tell you, i wasn't kidding when i said 9 already. You can look it up directly on NHTSA website. But im sure you wont do that, believe whatever you want to believe...

real classy on telling me to STFU in roadside, good day to you sir

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Had forgotten about the roll pin recall. Got out of the dealer for almost a year in the spring of 18 so I missed a couple of those. Two look like real low numbers of units, two deal with the same block heater cord.
Having said that, I have owned a 14 and currently a 17. Had I known the quality would have been so terrible on this 17 I never would have traded up. There will always be recalls no matter what you buy, but the poor quality materials and workmanship as of late has really disappointed me. Not hating here, it's for real. See it everyday and it affects my pay.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Mine is less than 75 miles to 220K, daily driven workhorse. Had around 50k when we got it. Only thing about the newer GM trucks I’m not interested in is the Cylinder Deactivation. In my experience it’s not very durable and expensive to fix. Until this newest facelift I’d pick GM first for gasoline trucks. Not a fan of the front end. So Dodge has it for me wether gas or diesel fueled trucks.

Pick your poison.

On my 18 Silverado the deactivation isn’t too bad. I don’t ever notice it.

I have 70k on the 18, so, we will see if it gets expensive

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a 15 5.0 and haven’t had that issue yet. Just the damn multifunction switch. Did you change anything with a programmer after installing the JLT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Negative, according to JLT this intake doesn’t require a tune, but when I throw on an exhaust I’ll get it tuned.
New house projects are getting in the way of my car/truck and gun purchases. Freaking killing me.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Do all the new f150’s turn off the motor at stops?

I was recently shopping for trucks and called on several F150’s but never got close enough to purchase to ask this question.
Most of Ford base trucks all come with gray interior which I can’t stand, I had a hard cap of $40k otd and I do not like the look of 14 and before 150. Seeking clean:
08-10 250
15-19 150 with black int which is harder than it looks.
The New Ranger was half assed in my opinion.

In my search I found several good looking me GM full size trucks. If not for crap GM management I’d be in a GMC today.
0231AE3B-46E8-430F-A247-5BDC6888FB67.jpeg

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

I was recently shopping for trucks and called on several F150’s but never got close enough to purchase to ask this question.
Most of Ford base trucks all come with gray interior which I can’t stand, I had a hard cap of $40k otd and I do not like the look of 14 and before 150. Seeking clean:
08-10 250

In my search I found several good looking me GM full size trucks. If not for crap GM management I’d be in a GMC today.

My 15 F150 has black cloth interior XLT 302A FX4 package. It has the 5.0 not auto start stop. The 2.7 got auto start stop in 2015. I don’t think the 3.5 or 5.0 did until 17 or 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LethalBlake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

08-10 250

My 17' 3.5 has the auto start, good but bad at the same time. It can get annoying

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Anyone know if the timing system in the 2.7 Eco is similar to the 3.5 Eco?
It's similar in the fact that it is a twin vct system. But the 2.7 uses two primary chains, whereas the 3.5 uses a single to run both banks up until MY 2017. Starting in 17 the 3.5 chain design went to two primaries.
3.5 EB with a few miles on them are starting to have phaser trouble. Rattle on start up.

decipha

Established Member
If you play on keeping the truck I highly recommend buying a Dodge Ram and get the lifetime warranty for a few bucks more. Unlike fords horribly warranties the lifetime warranty from mopar covers just about everything.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
There are tons of replies to a thread on this. You can disconnect something under the hood, disconnect a wire at the brake pedal, turn it off in the tune, some people even wedge shit in there. I used the Genie and killed it in the tune. Next to my stereo and awesome tail lights the best thing I have done.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If you play on keeping the truck I highly recommend buying a Dodge Ram and get the lifetime warranty for a few bucks more. Unlike fords horribly warranties the lifetime warranty from mopar covers just about everything.
Would the op be able to get by with the gladiator? I have a feeling the gladiator will hold value better that the ram.

Users who are viewing this thread