LFP head cooling mod install question

Palacios289

Established Member
I am in the process of a KB swap. I am installing a LFP head cooling mod since the blower is off. I took the freeze plug odd, cleaned the bore with light sandpaper and installed O-ringed fitting with light coat of grease. Is this sufficient to prevent leaks? I have read some folks used Indian head sealer but it seems to me the fitting with O-ring is a very tight fit.

PS. I froze the plug with one of those cans of compressed air. Held it upside down and went to town. Freeze plug came out with one light tap from punch and hammer.

olympic

Established Member
Cleaning up the bore and some lube on the o-ring is all that is needed. Anything else is just going to increase the chance of leaks.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I beat on my plugs for 20 minutes, smashed the shit out of my hand, then took a heat gun and a screw driver to get mine out. Wish I would have read this Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Palacios289

Established Member
Geoffmt, I’ve read so many horror stories taking the plug out. I figured it was worth a shot trying to shrink it just a touch.

Olympic, that’s what I was thinking too but I wanted to check in with other folks that have done the head cooling mod.

Badwill95

Established Member
I did the head cooling mod, been installed for 2 years with some Indian head sealer. No leaks

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I did the Cobra Engineering HCM. Lightly tapped it with a flathead and rubber mallet and plug popped right out. No sanding. Just lubrication on the o ring and install...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread