Liberty Ford, Maryland

cp85gt

Established Member
I have been looking for a Boss 302 for a while and came upon an add in Cars.com for a Boss 302 for sale at Liberty Ford in Randallstown, Maryland. After talking with them they agreed to sell me the car at the advertised price, which was a bit below invoice. After looking at the BBB rating (F) I was wondering if anyone on this board has info on this dealer or the car they have for sale before I make the trip.

Loosescrews

Established Member
After typing the name of the dealership in Google it shows Five Star ratings on two separate review sites. I'd say that you are pretty safe.

cp85gt

Established Member
Thanks for the replies, I've never purchased a car out of state before so I'm trying to gather any info I can. I read some of the reviews from a google search but I've read where some less than honorable establishments have placed those reviews themselves.

svtrookie

Established Member
Liberty is a pretty well known dealership in Baltimore. If that deal falls through I know Koons Ford has a comp orange boss in the showroom which is not far from Liberty.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I've done one long distance deal.

My only recommendation is getting them to send you the final invoice including all of the BS costs they are going to try and nail you for.

They will probably send you an invoice that doesn't have junk fees. Get the manager's signature on it so they don't try to add to it once you are there to sign.

Tom

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I have been looking for a Boss 302 for a while and came upon an add in Cars.com for a Boss 302 for sale at Liberty Ford in Randallstown, Maryland. After talking with them they agreed to sell me the car at the advertised price, which was a bit below invoice. After looking at the BBB rating (F) I was wondering if anyone on this board has info on this dealer or the car they have for sale before I make the trip.

Why don't you have them send you a Buyers order to (signed by both parties) prior to making the trip.

cp85gt

Established Member
A few weeks ago I drove down to Maryland to buy this Boss 302. They let me test drive the car and it seemed fine. It had 85 miles on it so it's being driven a bit. However as I was inspecting the car I noticed alot of scuffs and dings in the interior and the side bolster looked at bit worn. Kind of like what a car with 5-10k on it would look like. I don't think the car had any issues, it just wasn't being taken car of very well. The car was dirty with a lot of dust/dirt in the engine bay like it was driven down a dirt road. As far as the dealer it was a bit of a mess. Old and rundown. The general vibe I got was they might specialize in selling cars to people that have poor credit. The condition of the car, the dealer, and the fact that they lost the owners manuals prompted me to pass on the car. I did find another Boss that I bought. I paid more for it but felt more confident in the purchase.

LostPony

Established Member
Good luck getting your Boss. I ended up going to MD for mine as well. I got mine for $2,000 under sticker, and they gave me a pretty decent deal on my trades. Yes trades, I traded a Roush charged 06 GT and a stock 03 SVT Focus. Point is, there are deals out there if you look. I did a "nationwide" search yesterday on auto trader and found some are still asking $5-10k over sticker, which might be why they still have them. Keep in mind that the new '13s are due in just a few weeks, so patience could pay off.

Users who are viewing this thread