License plate number wrong, a technicality?

Twisted2v

Established Member
What’s up guys. I have a speeding ticket and after looking at the license plate number it’s off by a digit on the number.

Ticket is written “1289” and my real plate is “1389”. Could this be a reason for dismissal?

Thanks

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Won't make a difference, the violation is issued to the driver not the vehicle. And, as stated above, if need be it can be amended.

jshen

Established Member
What’s up guys. I have a speeding ticket and after looking at the license plate number it’s off by a digit on the number.

Ticket is written “1289” and my real plate is “1389”. Could this be a reason for dismissal?

Thanks
NO! A mistake in a ticket is amendable- also can be considered scriverners error but not defect legally.
If that ticket were in "indictment" you may have another matter...but an indictment is serious matter. On a side note- if you bring up a number difference such as yours you risk pissing on a judge and officer- both of whom you may see in the future

Twisted2v

Established Member
I ended up hiring a lawyer for $150. So glad it wasn’t $750 like the last time.

Thanks for the input guys.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
My birth date was wrong on a speeding ticket. I told the judge that in court. She asked the officer if there was anything he would like to correct, and said his birth date.

Users who are viewing this thread