Lightning/Harley GTG - Orange, Connecticut

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
I figured that a little advanced planning here might help and make this a big turnout. Every Fall, the Pyramid Shriners runs a HUGE car show down in Orange, CT at the Fairgrounds. Last year, because of cloudy weather they had something like 700 cars actually show, but 2008 was more typical for a nice weather event and they had around 2000 cars on the grounds. I wrote to these guys to see if there is an online flyer available and will post updates as I get any. I've never been to this event, but I've heard it is incredible.

Right now we have about 10-12 trucks already coming from MA, RI, CT, NY, and NJ... and the list is growing on a daily basis. Here's some preliminary information, and it's posted in LightningRodder in the Northeast section as well as the Gen2 section with a list of who's coming.

October 3, 2010, Sunday, Orange, CT
10th Annual Pyramid Shriners Car Club Car & Truck Show
9:00AM - 4:00PM
10th Annual Pyramid Shriners Car Club Car & Truck Show
Orange Fairgrounds, Orange Center Road, (route 152)
Rain date; 10/10
www.pyramidshrinerscarclub.com

100_0637_jpg.jpg

G%20force%202009%20441.jpg

Yep... That's Jody's truck! Note that this year they do have a rain date. This event is relatively close to the New York/New Jersey area as well... so we could possibly see quite a few Tri-State trucks show up. I'd say it's one hour from the Tappan Zee Bridge, 90 minutes from NYC. For you NY guys that came to the TITS Mod Party, it'd be 90 minutes shorter.

Oh yeah... Jim Ienner [Ct.TOPGUN] has suggested that we might all head to the local HOOTERS after the show for some food and grog. I think its just 10-15 minutes away if that.

Last edited:

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Looks like we're going to have a kicka$$ turnout providing the weather is nice. More and more people are committing everyday. I'll keep updating the list of those who are coming, and those who are undecided or have not yet responded (lower group):

JTBtheWelder/Connecticut (Josh)
Ct.TOPGUN/Connecticut (Jim)
DieselSVT/Connecticut (Ryan)
OldTimer/Massachusetts (Mike)
BillyD/Massachusetts (Billy)
rich1011/Massachusetts (Rich)
PhLoBus/Massachusetts (Matt)
XONECRAZYX/Massachusetts (Jim)
TimmyMac/Massachusetts (Tim)
Don'sBolt/Massachusetts (Don)
SMarty/Massachusetts (Marty)
Blwn5Pnt4/Long Island (Josh)
LightningMike/Rhode Island (Mike)
FlareSideF150/Rhode Island (Justin)
BlowerWhore/New Jersey (Mike)
LINOGT/New Jersey (Lino)
207/Connecticut (Jeff)
TylerAllenCars/Connecticut (Ty)
ToastMan/New York City (Joe)
383SVT/Connecticut (Jody)*

Now, why can't we get ToddsLightning and I_Am_Frozen on this list? They are pretty close to Lino and the GWB... 35-40 minutes from the show? Are there only three trucks in North Jersey? Actually, here's a "short" list of people that should be there... no excuses:

ToddsLightning/New Jersey (Todd)
I_Am_Frozen/New Jersey (Mike)
EastCoastKid/New Jersey (Dave)
TruBluGen2/New Jersey (Ken)
04SvtL/New Jesrey (Kevin)
Bearly Legal/New Jersey (Mike)
RideTheLightning/Queens (Steve)
Rob_03Cobra/Long Island (Rob)*
KissJets/New York (Greg)
NYBullit/New York (Craig)
HalfLife/New York
00TwinScrew/Connecticut (Mike)
SMOKE/Connecticut (Mike)
BLN5.4/Connecticut (Dan)
phlipcyde/Connecticut (Phil)
thePUNISHER/Connecticut (Paul)
mr12volt/Connecticut (Paul)
Djcapri50/Massachusetts (Darryl)
SonicB03/Massachusetts (Jerry)
ET_SVT/Massachusetts (Dick)
MySVTF150/Massachusetts (Jon)

* Rob has to come to any Tri-State gathering of more than 10 Lightning Rodder members LOL!!! He may have to take a taxi though!

And we know there's even more of you lurking... LOL!

IMAGINE IF EVERYONE ACTUALLY CAME???​

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
THE LIST KEEPS GROWING!!!​
Another Jersey Guy (Ken/trublu gen2) has thrown his hat in the ring. There might be a prize for best club turnout so we're trying to get at least thirty (30) trucks. This may be the last big Northeast GTG for the year, possibly as big as Carlisle, so don't come up with lame excuses! Join the cruise from your state to the show.

Just read where there will probably be a portable dyno setup again this year so for those of you who want to get on the rollers and make some noise... here's your chance.

CONNECTICUT
JTBtheWelder/Connecticut (Josh)
Ct.TOPGUN/Connecticut (Jim)
DieselSVT/Connecticut (Ryan)
207/Connecticut (Jeff)
TylerAllenCars/Connecticut (Ty)
383SVT/Connecticut (Jody)*

MASSACHUSETTS
OldTimer/Massachusetts (Mike)
BillyD/Massachusetts (Billy)
rich1011/Massachusetts (Rich)
PhLoBus/Massachusetts (Matt)
XONECRAZYX/Massachusetts (Jim)
TimmyMac/Massachusetts (Tim)
Don'sBolt/Massachusetts (Don)
SMarty/Massachusetts (Marty)
NEW YORK
Blwn5Pnt4/Long Island (Josh)
ToastMan/New York City (Joe)

RHODE ISLAND
LightningMike/Rhode Island (Mike)
FlareSideF150/Rhode Island (Justin)

NEW JERSEY
BlowerWhore/New Jersey (Mike)
LINOGT/New Jersey (Lino)
trublu gen2/New Jersey (Ken)

Actually, here's a "short" list of Lightning Rodder people that should be there... no excuses:

ToddsLightning/New Jersey (Todd)
I Am Fr0zen/New Jersey (Mike)
ECoastKid/New Jersey (Dave) - Will be in Watkins Glen that weekend.
04SvtL/New Jesrey (Kevin)
Bearly Legal/New Jersey (Mike)

RideTheLightning/Queens (Steve)
Rob_03Cobra/Long Island (Rob)*
KissJets/New York (Greg)
NYBullit/New York (Craig)
T-Mack/New York (Tom)
HalfLife/New York - Going to try and make it, but no promises yet (women and boats probably - LOL).

00TwinScrew/Connecticut (Mike)
SMOKE/Connecticut (Mike)
BLN5.4/Connecticut (Dan)
phlipcyde/Connecticut (Phil)
thePUNISHER/Connecticut (Paul)
mr12volt/Connecticut (Paul) - Has a race that weekend but if he gets back early enough he will try to get there.

Djcapri50/Massachusetts (Darryl)
SonicB03/Massachusetts (Jerry)
ET_SVT/Massachusetts (Dick)
MySVTF150/Massachusetts (Jon)
OutlawFord/Massachusetts (Ben)
BREEZE/Massachusetts (John)
LightningDan/Massachusetts (Dan)
Sil1002/Massachusetts (Rich)

* Rob has to come to any Tri-State gathering of more than 10 Lightning Rodder members LOL!!! He may have to take a taxi though! But Rob, assuming you do come, you need to bring the LR Banner and Hospitality Tent!!! The one we had at Vinnies!

And we know there's even more of you lurking... LOL!

IMAGINE IF EVERYONE ACTUALLY CAME???​

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
If anyone here wants to join up with our group... I just got off the phone with Bill (203 490-9868) is one of the event coordinators and a friend of Jody Wilk's. He said we can come in anytime after 7:30 and I started laughing... and so did he. Anyway, if your coming and want your vehicle to be judged, or to help the group to be judged as a "club" entry, we have to register between 8:00 -11:00AM. So I said if we are rolling into the show at 10:30 sharp, would that be OK and he said yes. He also said that we are supposed to save a spot for Jody and we will.

My suggestion is that we meet at the Dunkin'Donuts joint down the road from the show between 9:30-10:00 and try to get organized and out of there by a quarter after. We have vehicles coming from five (5) states so everyone should anticipate the travel time and add some fudge factor in there in case there's traffic.

If there are any questions, shoot them out. I'm heading down to NYC to the Yankees-Red Sox game in a couple of hours, so I probably won't be answering too many posts today. Once again, here's the address of the Dunkin'Donuts:

Dunkin'Donuts
367 Rt.1/Boston Post Road
Orange, CT.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
WOW! The long distance award will most likely go to CurbStomper! Steve is driving his beautiful truck up from Philadelphia, PA because he doesn't want to miss this GTG.

Users who are viewing this thread