Lightning MAF question?

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Hey folks I put a 90mm Lightning MAF on my '01 Cobra and then I heard that it may not have an integrated IAT sensor ( I know, I should have researched that ahead of time )? I've been working on an E85 tune but my car has been silly rich even on that tune, just wondering if the possible lack of integrated IAT could be causing the car to stay in open loop?

Also if that's the case, would switching to an SCT BA2600 rectify the issue?

Dvhansen

Established Member
Hey folks I put a 90mm Lightning MAF on my '01 Cobra and then I heard that it may not have an integrated IAT sensor ( I know, I should have researched that ahead of time )? I've been working on an E85 tune but my car has been silly rich even on that tune, just wondering if the possible lack of integrated IAT could be causing the car to stay in open loop?

Also if that's the case, would switching to an SCT BA2600 rectify the issue?

Hi there

01 Cobra do not run with integrated IAT Sensor, it is located in the intake tube.

As long as it is connected you should not have a problem

I have been running a lightning MAF on my 01 cobra when it had a vortech on with no problem at all.

If your cars stays in open loop it might be a tune problem.

//Dennis

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Hi there

01 Cobra do not run with integrated IAT Sensor, it is located in the intake tube.

As long as it is connected you should not have a problem

I have been running a lightning MAF on my 01 cobra when it had a vortech on with no problem at all.

If your cars stays in open loop it might be a tune problem.

//Dennis

Hey Dennis, thanks for clearing that up for me. I did know that there was that IAT sensor in the inlet tube but I wanted to make sure that the IAT in the MAF wasn't needed as well. I'm going to pull some data logs and send them to my tuner and see what's the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread