Lightning vrs Porche Caymen S

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
This was just about 15min ago on my way into work to catch up on a few things, anyways...

I pull off the exit ramp and in the at the red light ahead of my was a sweet looking bright red Porche, (with two old dudes with grey hair...). I'm behind it, green light, I rolled down my windows to hears it, and to my suprize, it really didn't sound all that good at all, infact, once I started moving, I coulnd't even hear it, oh well.

Next light he's in the far left turn lane, and I'm in the other left turn lane, he's slightly ahead, and on the inside. Green light, we both take off normal, but once I rounded the turn, I was slightly ahead, so he gunned it for a second and got next to me, so we both hit it. I was at about 35mph, so not the best roll race speed, but hears what happened...

He quickly pulled up, I was at his rear bumper. I held him through most of second, then I started to real him in, then I saw something new to me, a spoiler poped up from no ware on his car. :smmon: lol I thought that was kewl. Anyways, on the third gear shift, I started to walk by him, and I shut it down at about 100 or so mph. I was 2 lenghts up. He flew past and stayed a few cars up.

I dropped the Wife off at her work, and on the way to mine, I saw him in a Fleet Farm parking lot next to some more old dudes with clasic hot rods. 57 Cheavy, a 30 something Roadster, and a late 60s SS. I would have stopped, but I was going the wrong way on a 4 lane and to turn around I had to hit the next exit 3 miles up, I was on my way to work so I didn't. But I through a Rev and waved, got some waves by the old dudes.

Well, after the loss to the Honda the other night, this puts a good feeling back inside about the L.

Later Guys, :burnout:

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I enjoyed reading that. I have a short list of odd cars I want to run and the Cayman is one of them.

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Good kill man, much better than against the 4 door, but u did smoke that 4 door off the line just, like u would in the 1/4. I dont care about roll races, u dont roll race at a track, lol

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Nice kill! I have seen one of those run low 14s at our track. I don't see many stock L's running better times then that. Our track is also 5200+ft and the DA is always higher. My friends L with a 6lb lower barely runs low 14s (on street tires).

Users who are viewing this thread