Lightning vs GN, AMG, T/A

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Unfortunately I blew my head gasket right before I got to the track. Decided to run it anyways... :dw:

Me vs a Grand National
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smugXv1rCuw"]YouTube - Grand National vs Ford Lightning[/nomedia]

Me vs Transam
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34aCzKtqXs8"]YouTube - Transam vs Ford Lightning[/nomedia]

Me vs Benz AMG (In Cab View)
(slipping and sliding, track had juice on her so I had to let out.)
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH7NLAfuP5c"]YouTube - Mercedes Benz AMG vs Ford Lightning[/nomedia]

R/T ... .220
60' ... 1.533
330 ... 4.434
1/8 ... 6.874
MPH ... 101.26
1000 ... 8.958
1/4 ... 10.732
MPH ... 125.24

R/T ... .105
60' ... 1.583
330 ... 4.496
1/8 ... 6.926
MPH ... 99.71
1000 ... 9.004
1/4 ... 10.777
MPH ... 125.10

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I popped it before I got to the track. Coolant hose broke on a WOT run, truck overheated.... and well heat + HG = no good.

Thought it was an oil cooler leaking at first, so I replaced that. Still oil in overflow, and on my c16 tune and high boost the overflow tank pressurizes, so thats a HG. Sucks cause it would pressurize on my DD tune and lower boost, so I really thought it was the oil cooler.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Every time I see your truck Shaggy it makes me want to put my little pulley on to try and hit 10s. To bad your HG popped.

Well I think it lifted... I'm still driving the truck fine... Shoot raced those bikes and no coolant sprayed... Only doing it on my kill Tune.

Oh well, stupid $1.50 clamp cost me another head gasket.:cuss:

Oh and yea man, throw a 2.7 upper, and a 8# lower and let that sucker rip. It's a rush the amount of TQ these fockers have off the line.

RMoore92

Established Member
Well I think it lifted... I'm still driving the truck fine... Shoot raced those bikes and no coolant sprayed... Only doing it on my kill Tune.

Oh well, stupid $1.50 clamp cost me another head gasket.:cuss:

Oh and yea man, throw a 2.7 upper, and a 8# lower and let that sucker rip. It's a rush the amount of TQ these fockers have off the line.

Been there done that, I drove my truck for a month or 2 before ripping it apart.

I have a whipple 2.5 upper with a 6# lower, should pull 24 PSI but before that I need to get the tranny fixed :)

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Oh I dont DD my truck with that pulley setup.... poor little whipple would be spinning so hard on the interstate.

I run a 3.3 upper for DD. Depending on weather conditions I switch either a 2.7 or 3" upper for the track.

Some how my stock tranny is still holding together after all this abuse and 85k+ on the clock.

RMoore92

Established Member
Oh I dont DD my truck with that pulley setup.... poor little whipple would be spinning so hard on the interstate.

I run a 3.3 upper for DD. Depending on weather conditions I switch either a 2.7 or 3" upper for the track.

Some how my stock tranny is still holding together after all this abuse and 85k+ on the clock.

That would be my race setup. I'm currently running a 3.25" upper and 6# lower for DD purposes.

quigs

Established Member
Nice truck. I'm glad my moms Lightning is stock, I would never hear the end of it if she beat my GN like that

Users who are viewing this thread