lightning vs z71 in a pulling match

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
a stock late 90 to early 2000 Z71 running in 4x low.
OR
a 2001 lightning, 6# lower, ported blower, M/T ET streets, traction bars, makin 430hp and 500ft/lbs at the wheels.

both vehicles will be tied to each others trailer hitch, then pull.

who do you think would win?
anyone have any videos?

flip_86

Established Member
having 4 driving wheels, torque multiplication from being in low range, and most likely being a heavier truck i would think would the the chev the edge in that situation

uncooked

Established Member
I would assume the L would just start blazing the tires and get dragged....?

I wouldn't do it, its asking for a broken axle / drive shaft..... :poke:

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
That is the dumbest thing to even think about doing to one of these trucks why would you even ask that?

i would never do it!
i am not wreckless with my truck!

a guy was telling me his z71 was better than my lightning (although he didnt know what a lightning was) and told me he wanted to have a truck pull, so i thought i would ask on the forum to see opinions.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
a stock late 90 to early 2000 Z71 running in 4x low.
OR
a 2001 lightning, 6# lower, ported blower, M/T ET streets, traction bars, makin 430hp and 500ft/lbs at the wheels.

both vehicles will be tied to each others trailer hitch, then pull.

who do you think would win?
anyone have any videos?

:nonono:

red9450

Established Member
LMFAO. My ranger in 4x4 low would pull a lightning. The Lightning will just roast the tires.

SVTBeatdown13

Travis Barker Jr.
Established Member
o ok good...but tell him youd whoop his ass in a race cuz thats what these truck are for not some red neck pulling match to see what damage we can do to the rear ends

speedfreak440

Gear Jammer
Established Member
If you want to put your truck through that then I guess that is your business but just so you know: You will lose & lose bad, He WILL drag your truck anywhere he wants & there won't be a thing you can do about it. You will look foolish on multiple counts, but like I said, It's your truck. :shrug:

Edit:I had already typed this before I saw your response that you were not going to do it.

Last edited:

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
I had a guy that used to try to challenge me to retarded stuff like that. He had a Titan 4x4 and wanted to race me in the sand. Everyone just wants to find something their vehicle is better at. Or my other favorite thing is when they say "Ill race you when I get my twin turbo/nitrous" Shut up! Go play in traffic!

ecoastkid

Established Member
When I get retarded challanges like that, I just say sure...Let me go get my 4x4 expedition..lol..(Not that I would do it)...Its a matter of weight and traction.

I saw a you tube video of some guys in an H2 doing this with a lincoln navigator. One might think the h2 would drag it around but nope...they both stayed in the same place..lol

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
the H2 is nothing impressive. its just a yukon with a different body. if you get a military GMV in low lock that would probably change.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Hold your brakes until he starts to spin his tires (if he can) and then you can drag him around:banana:

Otherwise you're screwed. I find you guys that think this is the most horrible thing you could do to the truck hilarious though. Would you please explain to me how this is more damaging to the truck than hard launches on slicks at the track? Impact forces are a bitch to drivelines, just sayin':shrug:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Ive got a Military Hummer here at work you can borrow to drag his ass with. It that doesnt work I have a 6 wheeled Cougar from Force Protection you can use.:D

Users who are viewing this thread