Lightning won’t start

turo123

Established Member
Ok so I’ve been gone for about 6 years and my lightning has been sitting in the garage since. Hasn’t been started or touched. What should I check for to get this truck back running. Or how do I get it back running. Thanks.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok so I’ve been gone for about 6 years and my lightning has been sitting in the garage since. Hasn’t been started or touched. What should I check for to get this truck back running. Or how do I get it back running. Thanks.

After that long I would drop the tank and drain it (or get a tune to run the pump with key forward and disconnect a line you can drain into gas cans). Charge/replace battery. Change oil and filter, pump a quart or two through the oil pressure sender port using a sprayer and fittings from lowe's/HD for about $20 to lube the top end first. Check airboxes etc for rats nests.

Fire it up

turo123

Established Member
After that long I would drop the tank and drain it (or get a tune to run the pump with key forward and disconnect a line you can drain into gas cans). Charge/replace battery. Change oil and filter, pump a quart or two through the oil pressure sender port using a sprayer and fittings from lowe's/HD for about $20 to lube the top end first. Check airboxes etc for rats nests.

Fire it up
Appreciate the response. I’m gonna get started today

Users who are viewing this thread