Like a Boss! 202.7mph @ TX Mile on STOCK longblock!

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
That's right, stock, factory Ford long block and trans with Kenne Bell, E85 fuel system and a few simple bolt ons.

Car still has factory exhaust manifolds! Zero weight reduction/exterior body modifications, no tape, no ice box, no meth or nitrous...I drove it 130 miles home after the race!

[youtube_browser]Dpq3UjE_k9w[/youtube_browser]

The car had a lot more in it! The goal of 200mph was reached easily on the first pass and I decided not to run again. I'd really like to enjoy this car for a little while before finding the next weak link. ;-)

HUGE thanks to Maximum Velocity Performance, Lund Racing, Kenne Bell, Fore Innovations, BMR, Tommie Vaughn & Tousely Ford and a gazillion other folks.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
How much power is this car making? Even though the Vette was a little faster, you made it look so easy compared to the ZR1 in the other thread haha.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
how hard was it swapping to the 6r80?
Tranny, wiring harness, pcm and some sensors.

How much power is this car making? Even though the Vette was a little faster, you made it look so easy compared to the ZR1 in the other thread haha.
Honestly, don't know. It's a 3.75", 16 psi pulley. If I had to guess, 800 or so at the wheels.
It really was an easy pass. Car got a little sideways out of the hole and I had to pedal it all the way past the 1/4. It was tuned to shift at 6400 and not to shift into 6th, so I hit the limiter in 5th before crossing the mile mark. With a smoother take off and taller tires (mine were only 25.4" tall R888s) the car would have run 205+ easily. Then we could have changed the S/C pulley! It was also my first full pass at the Texas Mile. The previous two outings, stuff broke. :p

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is awesome Tracy. How did it feel passing the 200mph mark?

Users who are viewing this thread