Like your Nitto's?

SirShaun

Established Member
After being torn between the DW and NT555 G2. I balanced and mounted two 285/35/19 Nitto NT555 Gen II's today for the rear. Stock Goodyears on the rear were on the wear bars and I got a flat. Still running stock Goodyears in the front.

So far I am impressed. Took them out and scuffed them up a bit. Leaving the driveway they were picking up gravel. Handling response, turning in, and stability in the turn is definitely noticeable. Very stiff tire.

To my surprise they held quite a bit of power on this 50 degree day. I didn't try to blow them off, held quite a bit of power in 2nd and 3rd. What was most noticeable was how fast they recovered, and once the spin was slowed down, I could feel them biting and jerking the car forward. I felt rather confident peddling the car.

Overall I am impressed and would recommend, definitely better than the Gen I 555's which I run on my 2006.

SirShaun

Established Member
Better than the Goodyear G2s? Better cornering and better traction as well?

My 2010 came with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires. The Nittos are much better. Pretty sure the first thing anyone will tell you here is to get rid of the stock Goodyears.

I was just running them to finish them off. I have 15 x 10's with Hoosier DR's for traction. I just needed a new set of "daily" duty tires.

Speedboosted

Established Member
After being torn between the DW and NT555 G2. I balanced and mounted two 285/35/19 Nitto NT555 Gen II's today for the rear. Stock Goodyears on the rear were on the wear bars and I got a flat. Still running stock Goodyears in the front.

So far I am impressed. Took them out and scuffed them up a bit. Leaving the driveway they were picking up gravel. Handling response, turning in, and stability in the turn is definitely noticeable. Very stiff tire.

To my surprise they held quite a bit of power on this 50 degree day. I didn't try to blow them off, held quite a bit of power in 2nd and 3rd. What was most noticeable was how fast they recovered, and once the spin was slowed down, I could feel them biting and jerking the car forward. I felt rather confident peddling the car.

Overall I am impressed and would recommend, definitely better than the Gen I 555's which I run on my 2006.

Nice to hear a street tire that kinda deals with the torque hit from a TVS. When you say they held the power...like 3/4 throttle or more?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
740 rwhp here and 555r for the win. I went with nto5r for the end off this season and do not like them. For sale btw. 315/40/18 300 miles. Probably a great track tire but definatly not as good as the 555r on the street.
With the 555r 305/45/18 off idle wot till 2500 or spin, shift to 2nd and wot hook and hang on 9 out of 10 times. with nto5r tried this and spinny spin all of 2nd and into 3rd drifting spinning peddling for traction.
Buddy had toyo proxy seemed ok but id say 555r were better when we raced.
What pressure are you running? What width wheel?
I'm a huge Nitto DR fan for a DD, and 555Rs if you're stuck in rain regularly, but the NT05R was much better for traction in my experience. 315/35/20 on a 20x11 worked well for me at 24-26psi street at 750rwhp. 15-17psi at track.
-J

SirShaun

Established Member
Nice to hear a street tire that kinda deals with the torque hit from a TVS. When you say they held the power...like 3/4 throttle or more?

In 2nd, I'd say they were holding between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle. In 3rd it was 3/4 to full throttle. I was impressed considering it was only 50 degrees out. I didn't mash on it and shock the tires, I rolled into it.

Definitely not a replacement for a DR, but I'm very happy with them for a street tire.

shelby2

Established Member
I have to disagree, I have 863HP and my Toyo proxies were not sticking on the dyno, so I went with Nitto Invo's and they stick well. I also love how they work on the road, in both wet and dry conditions. For the money they are hands down excellent tires. However I will agree the MPSS would be better but the price is definitely allot higher.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread