Line for boost gauge

04cobraken

Established Member
Boost gauge isn't working and the guy I bought the car said it just needed a new vacuum line. He said it was the one in the engine bay. I can see a plastic nipple on the drivers side firewall that looks like it should have a hose on it but no clue where it goes to? Any pics/help would be appreciated.

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
IIRC, its the yellow vacuum line. Look for it on the passenger side coming out of the firewall.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
It runs from the back of the blower through the firewall behind the glove box up to the cluster.
boost.jpg

04cobraken

Established Member
Thanks. I'll look for it when I go out to the garage. Does it just plug into the back of the blower? I am running a Whipple 2.9.

Nickrap9

Established Member
Re:

I believe the boost lines are located on the back side of all blowers including whipples. I came across my boost gauge not working about a year ago. I traced the yellow boost/vacuum line from the blower through the firewall and directly behind the glove box like the other guys stated. I even took the center radio/ bezel out tracking it all the way the the instrument cluster. Turns out it had just came off the gauge. It had tucked itself back behind the cluster assembly (out of sight). I stuck my hand back there and sure enough found the line. I kinda wish I checked that the gauge was connected from the start. :bash: lol That's what I would recommend. Are you still using the stock style gauge?

Best of luck

04cobraken

Established Member
So, traced the boost(vacuum) lines and they are where they should be. Pulled out the gauge and there is no spot on the back for the vacuum line. Guess this is a electric boost gauge? If so there appears to be a sensor block mounted on the firewall on the drivers side with a nipple on it for a vacuum line. Where do I tee this into??? The gauge is an autometer.

Edit: the sensor block that I was talking about on the firewall is the map sensor in the auto meter instructions. Guessing I just T into the vacuum line coming off the whipple?

Excuse but I know nothing about boost gauges!

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
are you referring to the factory gauge or an aftermarket one not working? or both?

04cobraken

Established Member
Neither one works. Gauge is the autometer electric boost/vac gauge. Just figured out tonight that the gauge is the electric one and I managed to find the map sensor under the hood that the vacuum line hooks up to. Guessing that I just hook the vacuum line that goes to the glove box to the sensor?? Wondering if it matters that the stock gauge is not working either???? Guess I'll have to T it off from the line that is behind the blower as the sensor is located on the firewall in the engine compartment. Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:

04cobraken

Established Member
When I T off behind the glove box then run it back through the firewall? The sensor for the electric gauge is in the engine compartment? Doesn't sound hard. Will try this week. Just have to pick up some hose and a T.

cj428mach

Established Member
When I T off behind the glove box then run it back through the firewall? The sensor for the electric gauge is in the engine compartment? Doesn't sound hard. Will try this week. Just have to pick up some hose and a T.

You need a vacuum hose to run from the blower below the rotors then to your gauge. So if you don't have a hose going through the firewall then yes you need one.

Its been a while since I've messed with it but I'm 99% sure this is the firewall to engine bay connection. You need to see where it goes on the engine or if its even hooked up. If its not then go to the "How to EGR delete" thread it has diagrams of where to hook up the boost gauge on the engine side if your vacuum harness has been all hacked up.

2a6495h.jpg

04cobraken

Established Member
Found the line in the picture above and there is a y connector on it with a red hose coming off it. It is the right length to reach the map sensor for the gauge but the end fitting has come off. The line comes off the lower port on the whipple and then goes into this y and over to my sensor. Just have to pick up a connector fitting and hoping it will be working just fine. Couldn't see it all along because it was against the firewall and is the same colour as the car!

Thanks Guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread