Line lock standard?!

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
And no wheel hop from an IRS car... Where are the haters? Where are they? They need some Easter Humble Pie to snack on....

Lemers

Established Member
As long as you don't modify your car; it will be hard for ford to justify voiding the warranty. Especially when it offers things like Track Aps, Track Pack, Line lock, and launch control. All of these things are "not for street use". So I believe ford isn't worries about the weekend track days racer, until you modify your car.

Warrantees are a guarantee on their work and parts. It's not right to change thins then expect Ford to back it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
that is awesome! :rockon:

its nice to see that ford is keeping the drag racing enthusiast in mind

darreng505

Established Member
As a standard feature, this is something 99.9% of owners will pay for and not use. How about some more interesting news Ford?

I agree its convenient for the crowd who use it, but that same crowd also prefers a SRA too, so its a net setback. And a head scratcher.
It's as if some people sat around a table and said...."Ok, what DOESN"T, the Z/28 have and lets make that standard!"

Last edited:

secretcitizen

Established Member
It does seem like something to appease to the drag racing crowd.
I'm ready to start seeing these damn things for myself.

coyotehp

Established Member
And no wheel hop from an IRS car... Where are the haters? Where are they? They need some Easter Humble Pie to snack on....

I'm sure the irs has improved over the years. I'm still willing to bet there is a fine line between hooking / killing the tires like this post and what comes in between..... wheel hop. We will know later on when everyone post hey no wheel hop or dang stupid wheel hop lol

Lemers

Established Member
Do any of the drag racers find line lock and launch control the way Ford is implementing it convenient?

It doesn't seem user friendly to roll up the the area to spin your tires and then go into track apps to set line lock do your burn out then roll up to the starting line go into track apps to set your launch control. All before the tree turns green.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if they make it that difficult, then it would be bad. gotta just have a button to push/release in the burnout area

ThomasL

Established Member
if they make it that difficult, then it would be bad. gotta just have a button to push/release in the burnout area

Exactly. If it's a track apps only feature with no button, hopefully a way to tap into the feature with an aftermarket switch.
Which stinks but still

Users who are viewing this thread