Little blower that could Part 2.....P1sc S550

DarkMach1

Established Member
So the other thread has gotten lengthy. Wanted to start a new one for any progress during Florida’s “winter” race season. PBIR (1/4mile) did not host TnT so I crossed to the west coast to Immokalee Regional Raceway, only 1/8th mile.
DA was +1100, temp 70*F and 75% humidity. Car was very inconsistent with their prep and gliding around in 2nd and 3rd. Managed one half decent pass and got a new 1/8 PB and best MPH.

60ft- 1.58 (being really easy on it)
330- 4.23
660- 6.43
Mph- 113

Car is a 2015 premium A6, Procharger P1sc stage 2, GT350 manifold, Mak inlet, full exhaust, Fore fuel system, Id1000, Lund racing E85 street tune, Brett Lasala built 6R80, circle D 2C converter, shaftmasters DS, Steeda Kmember, 3.55 gears, Forgestar F14 dragpack, Baer Brakes, full interior.

I had some tools in trunk, 5gal of E85, spare tire and spare axles, 3/4 tank of gas. So still some improvement by leaving some of that crap out.

Attachments

• 880F658C-960A-4E53-9ECB-D6486AB3444E.jpeg
    880F658C-960A-4E53-9ECB-D6486AB3444E.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 340

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice run. Congratulations! I haven't seen your other thread. Did your PB 1/4 mile with this setup just miss dipping into the 9s?

DarkMach1

Established Member
Nice run. Congratulations! I haven't seen your other thread. Did your PB 1/4 mile with this setup just miss dipping into the 9s?

I’ve been denied 9s for too long now. Lol

Last November car ran 10.06 at 137 on stock converter, blower, and MS103 in -550 DA (crazy good in south Florida)

In February I went after putting fuel system and ran 10.2 at 135 in +500 DA. Something felt wrong. Later found plastic T on vacuum signal to BOV and fuel regulator was cracked.

Then beginning of March broke my stock converter, built the trans and got a 2C converter. That was it for “cold” weather

Went to a daytime rental in June and it was 95* outside, couldn’t fill down car for shit, IATs were 110+ at the starting lines, ran 3 straight 10.10s at 138. DA +3500

Finally weather cools this week to low 70s and track doesn’t host TnT. Lol so I went to this 1/8mile place 2hrs away and got this time. This coming Friday there will be TnT at local track. Da won’t be anywhere near negative

DarkMach1

Established Member
Update!

working dayshift this week and weekend I decided to take a gamble, load up car Thursday and take it to work on friday and head straight to the track when I got off of work. Track is prepping for Citrus Nationals and it was packed but hosted a DR/Slick on TnT night.

after the 130mile drive and only cooldown being the 20minute that it took to put skinnies on the car delivered BIGLY (insert trump face). Car even though hot took the F off. Someone crashed soon after and had to be taken to hospital so I didn't want to get in like late in the night since I worked today at 6AM and still needed to swap tires. Below is the slip, pic of the car with some local On3 TT cars and weather conditions underlined for 7PM (run occurred at 6:45). I have a video of the car running with a Hellion TT S550 and was a badass race. Cant wait for cooler weather, still haven't seen log to know if theres any room for improvement on the shift rpm. 60ft is about 1 tenth from its previous best of 1.41

Attachments

• IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_1673.jpg
    IMG_1673.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
Congrats, cars running very good. Looking at your slip from Immokalee I was predicting a 9.8@143ish... looks like I underestimated it a bit.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Congrats, cars running very good. Looking at your slip from Immokalee I was predicting a 9.8@143ish... looks like I underestimated it a bit.
Thanks. Same. But in my mind I felt like I was babying it because of their prep. And car was spinning enough on back end to make it shift early to 4th so I was hopeful for a 6.2x at PBIR. Basically identical weather as last week at immokalee so no change there.

Sounds like fun!
Lets see some video!!

Tomorrow after work I’ll take some time and throw the a short video of the 2 angles I got. Feel kinda stupid for putting my GoPro in the hood perfectly angled for the race and then forgot to press record.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Update: quest for a little more continues. Found an $80 Snow performance methanol kit on FB marketplace, pump works great. Bought a VMP breakaway harness to move the IAT sensor down street and a little more meth line. Hope it likes the cooling mist.

Attachments

• A9654AD8-22BC-4B46-844F-464038282457.jpeg
    A9654AD8-22BC-4B46-844F-464038282457.jpeg
    552.3 KB · Views: 283

4VFTW

Established Member
Saw you guys there that night. I was in the grabber blue 2013 in lane 7&8. Curious why you guys were running N/T? Sounds like you're running the race BOV? It's loud af but sounds good during your burnout.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Saw you guys there that night. I was in the grabber blue 2013 in lane 7&8. Curious why you guys were running N/T? Sounds like you're running the race BOV? It's loud af but sounds good during your burnout.

I did see one of your runs. Good pass. I use a turbosmart 50mm, it’s a little more compact, takes less room than the red race valve.

For the longest time I didn’t even know I could run 7-8, once I found I could run in the NT lane and avoid the longer lines I started timing it and get up to the NT lanes after the guys went so I was near the front next go around. That just turned into a habit. A lot of times the 7-8 lanes are longer or “artificially” longer because there’s a habit at that track where people let their cars cool down on the staging lanes instead of the parking lot.

How you do?

4VFTW

Established Member
I hear ya. I've thought about running N/T just because they get 1st hit on the fresh prep but I know as a spectator it sucks watching N/T cars run and I want to give then something to look at LOL.

I went 9.78 and 9.88... not terrible for the conditions

My car is hitting the limiter on the 1-2 shift and made a loud bang in the rear after the 2nd gear shift on the 1st pass and I was pretty sure I broke something. Was gonna head straight home but figured if something was broke I'd know it if I tried to make another hit. Ran fine the 2nd pass so i'm not sure what it was but I did just install BMR lower control arms so im thinking it had something to do with those. Gonna reset my pinion angle and hopefully get a revision for the 1-2 shift and go back this Friday.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I hear ya. I've thought about running N/T just because they get 1st hit on the fresh prep but I know as a spectator it sucks watching N/T cars run and I want to give then something to look at LOL.

I went 9.78 and 9.88... not terrible for the conditions

My car is hitting the limiter on the 1-2 shift and made a loud bang in the rear after the 2nd gear shift on the 1st pass and I was pretty sure I broke something. Was gonna head straight home but figured if something was broke I'd know it if I tried to make another hit. Ran fine the 2nd pass so i'm not sure what it was but I did just install BMR lower control arms so im thinking it had something to do with those. Gonna reset my pinion angle and hopefully get a revision for the 1-2 shift and go back this Friday.

Hopefully I’ll be out there today as well

Users who are viewing this thread