LIttle P1 that could.... Procharged S550

Brutal Metal

Established Member
wow , nice fix how much flange work did they have to do to upgrade the bov- or was it a simple swap - I never had any boost leaks with my stock procharger bov pro flo but when I down pulleyed I upgraded to a big red open and the car actually drove better with no surge at all . on the stock 4.63 pulley on the dyno I would see 11.6 @ 7400 rpm.(500 da +/-) I was also trapping 136.xx mph
How did you know for sure you weren't leaking boost with the pro-flo?

bunits19714

Established Member
10 # pulley - +/- per procharger producing 11.6 #'s with a open air cleaner, boss intake and 1 7/8 headers to no cats to 3" exhaust pipes to a 5" mufflers- these remove most boost restrictions. and compressor surge on quick decel tells me I wasn't loosing boost or if any very little . no I never gave it a compression or boost test officially- 136mph trap speed some what also verified this.

DarkMach1

Established Member

Attachments

• 8CF09BCF-DBD5-40EA-8F5D-190796ECB6ED.jpeg
    8CF09BCF-DBD5-40EA-8F5D-190796ECB6ED.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 350

DarkMach1

Established Member
Is that some sort of filter over it?

No, in the pic you see the blower discharge with the blocked former pro-flo tap in the center of pic. Slightly to the left you see the vacuum line going up into the turbosmart that’s at the top of the pic.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Wanted to update that all the needed fuel trims adjustments are complete and I’ll be likely going this Wednesday to the track,

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yeah converter/tire will likely be my next mod if I do mod it further. I'm pretty happy with where the car is now, 1st & 2nd are pretty much useless on the street, converter would just make it stupid on street tires. Surprisingly in my part of FL E85 is hard to come by so I won't be going that route which kind of limits my power options.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Looked at log last night. That was on slightly less timing and, due to miss communication, a lower shifting tune by 300rpm. Lol

DarkMach1

Established Member
10-10.5 at 72-7300, yes. Up from 7.5ish at same RPM before. I’ll post a video of the pass later.

Last edited:

DarkMach1

Established Member
Not that bad of a launch for no converter if you ask me. but I think it could be a touch better

Users who are viewing this thread