Livernois 2.0L EB Fusion Tune Review

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
As I mentioned, I stopped at Livernois last Friday to pick up a tuner.

I had a full tank of 87 octane fuel in the car, so I got the MyCalibrator device loaded with Livernois' custom 87, 89, 91, and 93 octane tune files.

I immediately noticed improved throttle response and the transmission calibration was much improved! Shifts are now firm and precise and it no longer feels lazy or like the trans is slipping between gears.

In stock form, the car would chirp the tires (barely) and go. Even with the 87 octane tune loaded, you have to roll into the throttle or the tires spin through first, chirp on the 1-2 shift, and spin through the rest of second gear. If you roll into it, it still spins a bit and chirps the tires on the 1-2, but it feels much quicker.

The 93 octane tune which I loaded a few nights ago felt almost like going from stock to the 87 octane tune in terms of seat of the pants gain. I stopped by my parents to take my dad for a ride and he couldn't believe the difference hand held device could make.

This is without a doubt, the best modification for these cars. In addition to the increased power, it gets mcuh better fuel economy. In stock form with 87 octane, I was seeing 22.5 avg mpg (all city). With the Livernois 87 octane tune, even with some spirited driving, I was seeing just over 26 mpg (all city).

I plan to go to the Livernois customer appreciation track rental June 13 to see how it runs.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Here's the dyno sheet. Check out the stock curve (blue) vs tuned (red). There are huge gains in power and tq.

rl_zpsdadc54c6.jpg

Mizoch79

Just shy of 1,000 on my SE 2.0. The itch to tune is there, but the angel on my shoulder is telling me to stop being retarded and enjoy the benefits of bumper to bumper. What vehicles do you think you could keep up with on the freeway with the 93 tune?

spike_africa

Established Member
Looks like removing those limits Ford puts in the stock tune really gives some massive power gains in the midrange. No wonder it feels like a beast now.

Users who are viewing this thread