Local 18yr Old Dies in Cobra Crash - VERY BAD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Local 18yr Old Dies in Cobra Crash - VERY BAD!!!! ADDED PICS!

Check out this link and all the pics, the story is pretty much there. He was 18 with an 04 Cobra. He was good friends with people on that forum. You can barely recognize it's a Cobra, or mustang for that matter.

It's sad but I see this too often with young drivers. Even though they say he was experienced and just made a stupid decision. At 18, how experienced can you really be?

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43942

Ok so apparently the thread starter in the link I posted took out his pictures in the 1st post due to people giving him a hard time. I understand why he did it, but nontheless this thread here is to let people know...so I have acquired the pictures and you can see them below. Still might want to read up on the link above though for some background info.

The Toyota that was hit: (Only 2 pics I could get of it)
DSC01206.jpg

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01207.jpg

DSC01226.jpg

DSC01225.jpg

DSC01223.jpg

DSC01222.jpg

DSC01227.jpg

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I am glad my boy was mature enough to decide the gas bill was too much. He is driving a Yaris now.

jlauth

Established Member
That is horrible, and I am sad to see it. The fact is that 18 yr. old drivers make a lot of bad decisions even if they have experience.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Man, you know his parents are hatin' themselves for even considering allowing him to have that car..

Terrible...

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
That is horrible, and I am sad to see it. The fact is that 18 yr. old drivers make a lot of bad decisions even if they have experience.

Exactly which is what someone on the other forum was saying as well, but they didn't really want to hear it.

Edit- And you can see in one of the pics that it is pullied so it obviously was modded, and faster.

Last edited:

Whizzle

Established Member
Stupid kids. I hate that something like that happened, but it could have all been avoided by a rational decision

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Geeez those poor people. I couldn't imagine having a high HP car at that age. I got myself into enough trouble with the 88 300ZX that I had at the time. I couldn't imagine the kind of crap I would have gotten into with a Cobra.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
The sad thing about this is that I have had my own 18yr old try to convinve me he is an excellent driver. I let him drive the Cobra by himself once, for Prom, but once I bought him his own car, 18 mos later he totalled it. I bought him another car, and 5 days later he backs into someone. So I ask him, do you really think you're a great driver now? Well of course he does. What our kids don't know is that it takes a great deal of years to become a good defensive driver. Not just a couple of years under your belt. All you really know at that point is the basics. Of course Im speaking of youth as a whole, I'm sure there are plenty of responsible 18-19yr olds out there driving, but I'm willing to bet that that age group leads in fatalities when it comes to sober deaths in a vehicle. Remember, the streets are the pathways to the track, not the track itself.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Exactly 03Snake. In the thread his friends say he was experienced because he had this fast car or that fast car or whatever...but like I asked in my original post, at 18, how much experience can the average kid have? Just because you've had fast cars for what 1.5-2 years, that doesn't make you experienced.

I do feel bad for the kid though as well as the innocent guy he killed, no one deserves to die for a stupid, heat of the moment decision like that.

Kiz

Established Member
Thank god I didn't get a WRX...I am sure I would have done something stupid in it.

03vert70charger

Established Member
"Passing someone while approaching a crest of a hill". Now I had a mach 1 when I was 18, 19 when I had the cobra. Now I have done some stuff I probably shouldn't have. But nothing that risky or as ****ing stupid as that.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
It's a damn shame he had to take someone with him. May the driver of the Toyota Rest In Peace. -Mat-

Raymond

slower than you
Established Member
Jeez that's a damn shame, RIP to him and the guy he hit... and condolences to the families/friends affected by this. Poor Cobra as well...

And yeah, the thread makes it seem like the kid was experienced because he had owned other fast cars in the past and wasn't known for doing stupid things behind the wheel... but come on, he's 18, and driving a modded Terminator, you know there were more than a handful of instances where he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. I'm 19 and will more than admit to doing some stupid stuff behind the wheel, but the difference is, I'm driving a sub 200hp V6... not a Cobra with enough power to cause that kind of destruction so quickly. This is just another example of why parents need to limit the kind of cars they put in the hands of their kids...

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Is this a different wreck than the real young kid with an 03/04 that used to be a member here that got killed in an accident?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Is this a different wreck than the real young kid with an 03/04 that used to be a member here that got killed in an accident?

Thats his car....please keep the comments down out of respect for his friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread