Local accident deemed a street racing manslaughter.

tvspower

Established Member
It's never expected.....but it's real
Another in the depth oo pain n sorrow
SORRY YO LATE..

Kevins89notch

Established Member
That's why I always try to take an extra second before making lane changes and turns. At a super quick glance you have time to turn across 2 lanes in a 45 zone, but are you sure those two cars coming at you are doing 45...or are they doing 120? This is sort of home some motorcycle crashes happen in my opinion. Folks are not expecting cars to be doing illegal speeds, but it happens.

Kiohtee

Established Member
That's why I always try to take an extra second before making lane changes and turns. At a super quick glance you have time to turn across 2 lanes in a 45 zone, but are you sure those two cars coming at you are doing 45...or are they doing 120? This is sort of home some motorcycle crashes happen in my opinion. Folks are not expecting cars to be doing illegal speeds, but it happens.

Exactly. It's nearly impossible to accurately judge a vehicle's speed dead on or even at a very slight angle, like in the instance you describe above.

I just have a problem with people street racing on a road just off a major interstate (77) and where there is a gas station to either side and a big hotel off to one side. Doesn't matter the day of the week or time of the day, that's a damn stupid proposition.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Yeah, I'm in no way saying that OP's article, the folks killed were at all at fault. No, not one bit, but I simply acknowledge that some asshole do drive at 100+ and try to keep that in mind when looking to change lanes.

I drive some straight highways on my way home from work at midnight. It's a 55 zone now due to construction but most folks still roll at 65-70. I've had bikes pass me at ungodly speeds. I would say 140+. The highway ends about a half mile past my exit, so some people like to have fun before getting off the highway.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Looks like a New Edge Bullitt.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

exactly....I have seen this a lot and even caught off guard on occasion. Always check your six, some dumb **** in C7 went blowing by me on Kluge Rd at 120++, my car shook when he came by, the limit on this road is 45, there are neighborhoods and two churches on this particular stretch too. I was seriously considering homicide if I had caught him at the light.

Speed and innocent drivers not expecting someone to be double, triple the limit are definitely factors in many of these incidents.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is so true. Back in 2009 a local cop was returned from a call and was speeding at around 1AM on a 4-lane road. Initial it was reported he was doing well over 100 mph. The two 18 year olds made a turn from Rt. 1 onto a side street and were broadsided. It was believed that the driver couldn't properly judge the distance of the approaching cop (no siren or flashing lights). Both the driver and his girlfriend were killed instantly. The cop was eventually charged with manslaughter.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I’d have to imagine one of them is related to a guy I know around there based on the last name.

I'm "friends" with the murderer's sister on Facebook. She keeps posting (and later deleting) how unfair it is to keep seeing this headline pop up and how he's a good kid.

Users who are viewing this thread