Local Dealer has a new Raptor

mikes93cobra

Established Member
Crown Ford here in Fayetteville has a black 5.4. I believe the MSRP is just under 42k and the mark up makes it right under 48k
3786651912_42c3f689b5_o.jpg

3786648214_0bd3017755_o.jpg

3786652316_159a948dc2_o.jpg

3786655758_029e041207_o.jpg

3785853387_51bdd249a0_o.jpg

SNCBOOM

Established Member
When I read "dealer markup" I had the same reaction as the guy in the last photo.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So nice, gotta start checking my local dealers for them as well.

As far as markups go, the dealer near my parents house had two GT500KR's sitting out front for a hefty $120k price tag. Yes, that's a $35k markup. They did the same when the GT500's came out and cost $70k. I'm guessing the first few Raptors they have will run around $60k at the least.

black 10th vert

Established Member
There is a red one at my local dealer. Based on the markups they had on their GT500's, I'd expect at least a 20k markup on this, but haven't had a chance to stop in yet. In this economy, though, markups a joke, because even at msrp, they can't move expensive cars!

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
does the dealer mark up get included if you want to take advantage of cash for clunkers? limit is 45k i think.

that truck sure looks good, i cam imagine owning i just tint the windows a bit man its sweet.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I like it. Im impressed with the sticker price too. Maybe Ill be in the market for a new truck by the time the new engine comes out.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I actually went to see it up close and personal today. I had mentioned that it was red in my previous post, but it is actually a reddish color with orange metal flakes in the paint. Very cool finish! The sticker was around $46,900. I started it up and was surprised at how quiet it was! Definitely needs some dual exhaust with some decent mufflers. All in all, I was impressed with it's aggressive look, but upon close inspection the entire large grill is kind of flimsy plastic, and the interior is loaded with kind of cheap looking plastic as well. It is an awesome truck, but it just seems to me that for $50k, you should be getting some better quality trimmings.

mikes93cobra

Established Member
does the dealer mark up get included if you want to take advantage of cash for clunkers? limit is 45k i think.

that truck sure looks good, i cam imagine owning i just tint the windows a bit man its sweet.

I thought cash for clunkers had a mpg limit on what to buy? i could be wrong but the raptor gets less than 18 mpg.

glenner

glenner
Established Member
I have no trade and I got a great deal on my Raptor , I gave them $1000 to Order and I am very happy. It is black with gray stripes all optioned out except the orange interior, and the tail gate extender. I feel the orange will get old after a while so I went with the black.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So nice, gotta start checking my local dealers for them as well.

As far as markups go, the dealer near my parents house had two GT500KR's sitting out front for a hefty $120k price tag. Yes, that's a $35k markup. They did the same when the GT500's came out and cost $70k. I'm guessing the first few Raptors they have will run around $60k at the least.

Eating my own words I guess. Was driving by the Ford dealer and saw a nice, shiny orange Raptor out front. Quickly went across two lanes to pull in and check it out. To my surprise, there was no markup at all! Base price was 38k, but it was loaded with pretty much every option including the luxury package and navigation, making the final price $46k.

I might try to get a test drive one day. I figure the truck is expensive, but rolling up in my Jeep should at least show them I'd be interested in the off-roading aspect of it. We'll see I guess.

Oh, and one thing I noticed. The BFG A/T's they put on it are soft as hell! Way softer than my Kumho KL71 mud tires, which I thought were already pretty soft. The BFG compound is probably softer than my 200 treadwear Kumho XS tires on the Cobra. I predict a lot of complaining from owners about the tires wearing too fast.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
I looked at a black Raptor yesterday at a local dealer. Sticker was $43,9XX and there was no mark up. On top of that, they would honor A-Plan pricing. The A-Plan price was $37,917.

Options were:

luxury package
sunroof
rearview camera
tailgate step

I need this truck in my life. :thumbsup:

CGoeschel

Established Member
I looked at a black Raptor yesterday at a local dealer. Sticker was $43,9XX and there was no mark up. On top of that, they would honor A-Plan pricing. The A-Plan price was $37,917.

Options were:

luxury package
sunroof
rearview camera
tailgate step

I need this truck in my life. :thumbsup:

Thats a bunch of bunk...........the Raptor is not A/Z/X/D plan eligible.....period, end of story.

Users who are viewing this thread