Local Dealer has a new Raptor

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Must be nice to live out west. OUt here, there are always monster mark-ups on new cars/trucks and it's doubtful they'll ever go down.

BTW, was in there Monday. They sold it for......sticker: $48K and the same dealer is asking $45K for a 09 GT500 with 2k miles on it.

raptor being sold for 2300 and 2800 below msrp
I just got home from the dealer and worked out a deal on a new 5.4 Raptor. I ordered a Flame Blue base model (no options) for $36,681. That is roughly $2300 off the MSRP. It wasn't easy. We went back and forth for a couple of days and involved multiple dealers. My total "out the door price" including all taxes, doc fees, tags and registration was $40, 638.
Just took possession of my blue raptor here in Scottsdale,AZ. Paid $37500 with graphics and brake controller being the only option.Sticker was $40300.

even in the middle east they are getting below msrp.
Yes, I went through ENCS (Exchange New Car Sales) here in Afghanistan. Price of it before discounts was around $45 and it said I saved $7,400 off MSRP and that's not counting dealer fees and mark-ups. They did say if the rebate goes up at any time before i pick it up in November that I will get the extra discounts, so I guess that may be another $500 off!

find a new dealer would be my suggestion.
lived in norcal the big local dealer always was asking above msrp. so i drove up to the small dealer 15 to the north, to order just what i wanted at 200 over invoice. no not the greatest deal, but a good deal for both dealer and buyer.:beer:
its also not hard to buy out of state. save 3 to 4k on a out of state car/truck spend 500/1k on shipping and you still come out ahead.

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
We've got 16 Raptors in production and shipped right now. I ordered 8 more today. I never said that they all sell at sticker and we dont mark them up. We've already discounted a few. The only incentives from Ford right now specific to the Raptor is a Ford Racing offer of either 750 or 1500 for the purchase of Raptor upgrade parts.

local dealer around here marked up $5,000 to make the price to $50,790...THATS KINDA STEEP huh??

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Here is another one optioned out on the East coast. This same dealership had GT500's for $75k and GT500KR's for $120k when they first came out. Couldn't believe it wasn't marked up.

8-3-09163.jpg

8-3-09165.jpg

For the guys worried about towing, they have optional trailer brake control and sway control, so the Raptors were obviously made to tow.

Anyone know what kind of rear axle and T-case these things have?? Gotta be a Dana 44/60, but can't tell the difference between the two.

8-3-09171.jpg

Last edited:

BCP

Established Member
When I read "dealer markup" I had the same reaction as the guy in the last photo.

:lol1::lol1:

Sweet truck, but that guys expression in the last pic is classic!

Guess I'll have to cruise over to Waldorf Ford and take a peek at that one, Dale. Glad they are painting the rear ends now...that bare metal was garbage.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
the rear end in the raptor isn't a dana anything.
It's a sterling 9.75 with 34 spline axles.
In the raptor it also features thicker and longer tubes due to the widened track.
Ford hasn't used anything dana in years...

Users who are viewing this thread