Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
And off to court he goes...
mcown3d8ot.jpg

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
It's more than that. With the new laws in place, it's best to get rid of your illegal music. Plain and simple.

This is a big, big industry. Take a guess as to who owns your internet service provider?

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
Oh man.. he better get a good lawyer. If he plays his cards right he will get off realy light. This is why I am picky about what I download. Keep it light and sparse.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Download, but be safe about it. Use things like peerguardian, and programs like Ares. Ares has a built in IP blocker thats updated regularly with all the IP's the RIAA is using the access these sharing programs. Peerguardian will protect you no matter what download program you use.
If you stop downloading and get rid of all your MP3's youre just giving into the music industry and their bullish tactics. They're nothing more than low-brow fear monger's, dont let them win.

Candace 02 GT

Established Member
notdisturbed said:
Download, but be safe about it. Use things like peerguardian, and programs like Ares. Ares has a built in IP blocker thats updated regularly with all the IP's the RIAA is using the access these sharing programs. Peerguardian will protect you no matter what download program you use.
If you stop downloading and get rid of all your MP3's youre just giving into the music industry and their bullish tactics. They're nothing more than low-brow fear monger's, dont let them win.

They're not going to get anything from me - I absolutely refuse to buy CDs. I'll be content with the CDs and music I already have downloaded for a while. I didn't clear out all my files, just got ride of the filesharing software. The way I see it is - if they've already got my IP, the damage has been done, and I might as well enjoy the songs I've stolen. :-D I just won't buy/download any more.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
cenwesi said:
Does any body know if comcast ever release peoples IP to MPIAA?

I'm sure they have. Verizon was the first to give in (if memory serves me). I mostly use private FTP's, iTunes for Windows and sometimes I'll use soulseek, but not much. The huge P2P apps just aren't considered safe anymore, but that doesn't mean there aren't any other ways to get files.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
I noticed he said he got the letter from the RIAA, but then he said that his ISP hasn't given up his info that is binded to his IP yet. So, either he mixed up the RIAA and his ISP, or he's fibbing a bit.

superlftman

The Answer is..
Established Member
The RIAA sends a letter to the ISP telling them that X and X IP's are downloading illegally. Then the ISP sends the customer a notice telling them to stop or they will be charged. Supposedly the RIAA will warn the customer twice.

He only has downloaded 700 songs? I'm sure they are not worrying about people only do that many songs.

Users who are viewing this thread