Location where you put your line lock button

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Installing a line lock on my car and I have been asked where I want the button. Anyone have photos of where you installed your button?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I would say either get the SOS half cup holder plate or put it in the console. You could put it on the side of the console...

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I have mine tie-wrapped to my emergency brake while waiting for a remote coil cord with a disconnect plug in front of my knee. They have 2 left at a great price here: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/NOS-15651-Remote-Button-Switch/dp/B000CP0CN8/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2OA6SS2E4X46Y&colid=2A2ZTXP004MO6"]Button[/ame]

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Sos

Thanks zporta. I discovered that very same cup holder plate on google today. Really like the look of it. Unfortunately, the 5 day waiting period is not ideal for my situation, but still, very very nice.

I would say either get the SOS half cup holder plate or put it in the console. You could put it on the side of the console...

GatorSnake

Bite First Bark Later
Established Member
I second the SOS cup holder panel. Great product....very clean look....and no need to drill a hole or stick it somewhere using glue or doublesided tape. Maybe you could just temporarily install for now on the console. When I originally installed my linelock, I just let the switch hang free until I got the SOS panel. I used two switches on the panel, one to ARM and one to actually Linelock.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Mine is here:

43a82c3e-1dff-fdf1.jpg

43a82c3e-1e16-6950.jpg

2kmelat

Established Member
I wired mine to the off button on the steering wheel control and have a switch down by the hood relese to turn it off and on.

Last edited:

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Thanks for sharing the photos of your set up Bad500Chris. I think it is cool that a carbon fiber option is available for the toggle switch cover. Where are these available for purchase and who makes it?

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Thanks for sharing the photos of your set up Bad500Chris. I think it is cool that a carbon fiber option is available for the toggle switch cover. Where are these available for purchase and who makes it?

I'm using the SLP linelock kit which has everything except the actual cover, which I picked up from summit racing for 8 bucks.
They have red and carbon fiber.
I went with carbon fiber because it blends in. Most people don't even notice it's there.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Thanks for the info Chris! I found a link to it on Summit utilizing the search term: "toggle cover"

Last edited:

ctozzi

Established Member
I have mine in the center console, as you open it. If i could figure out how to add pics here i would add it for ya.

Slabo

Established Member
Using the horn is popular. Just use a relay and mode switch to enable to horn switch to be used as either the linelock switch or the horn.

001-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread