Looking for a Single Turbo kit

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Where should i be looking other than Hellion for a single turbo i dont want anything thats insanely large like 76-80 but maybe a 67mm would be fine. Just looking for something to replace the blower and give me some sick power!
Thanks for any help

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I don't think a 76 is insanely large, it actually is right about perfect for a single.
Both Hellion and CPE will feature 76's with bb option.

I would start there.

Hellion is $6295 plus about $1300 in manifolds/needed accessories so 7500ish before deletes if you can.

TRBO VNM

Smokey,

I replied to your PM. the price range you were looking at won't happen with a 03/04 cobra kit unless you can somehow manufacture one yourself and that could turn out more expensive than the kits out there.

I left you my number in my reply. I can explain anything you want to know about the hellion and what it took for me to complete as well as additional items.

one thing I forgot to answer in your PM was install time. If you have 3 friends or so working on it, I would say a couple of weekends would do it with a little work during the week in the evenings or something.

give me a call. I have a meeting at the county tonight at 7pm eastern time. if you call after 7, try to make it about 9:30 or 10pm eastern time. I am usually up till midnight at least.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
markm3673 said:
Were Do You Get $1300 In Manifolds

99-01 Alternator #YR3210346AA- Motorcraft GLV8525RM $138.52.
Alternator Bracket #XR3Z-10153-AB- Ford $9.62
(99-01 Cobra Intake Lower) #XR3Z9424BB- Ford $945.00.
(99-01 Cobra Intake Upper)#XR3Z9424AA- Ford $516.00.
These numbers have been updated and are now complete kits.
99-01 Serpentine Belt #4060980/6PK2490- Motorcraft JK6-941 $12.36
99-01 Throttle Cable Bracket & Cable Bracket #- Ford $9.00
XR3Z9728CA Cable #1R3Z9A758CA- Ford $24.00
Alternator Wires to extend . pigtail #1U2Z14S411UA- Motorcraft WPT119 $13.17
*If keeping EGR is desired, need 99-01 EGR tube #XR3Z9D477DB- Ford $30.00

:read:

HellionCobra

More to come!
Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
Where should i be looking other than Hellion for a single turbo i dont want anything thats insanely large like 76-80 but maybe a 67mm would be fine. Just looking for something to replace the blower and give me some sick power!
Thanks for any help

hellion also offers 62mm and 66mm but can get almost anysize desired. give them a call im sure they can help you out.

Nate

TRBO VNM

markm3673 said:
Were Do You Get $1300 In Manifolds

What he meant was the intake manifold. you don't need exhaust manifolds, but you do need to purchase the 99-01 upper and lower intake manifold.

I found one one ebay for $300 shipped(lucky I think), paid $150 for a refurb alternator and then another couple hundred bucks, if that for the rest of the required parts.

If you bought everything brand new from Steve(FORDSVTPARTS), the intake manifold is like $8xx, alternator is $2xx, then the rest is a couple hundred. But you can find a used intake and save a lot of money on that.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Just giving another option, but Pro Turbo Kits also offers a single, but you have to purchase the D&D k-member/coilovers/a-arms separate, somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000 for all of those pieces.

Last edited:

Cobrastruk04

I have the Hellion single T66 turbo Kit. Power comes on strong at 3K. thats full boost too! car made on a mustang dyno (10% lower then dynojet) 440RWHP and 471RWTQ thats at only 9 psi. trust me this turbo is insane. call john he will give you what you are looking for. om me if you have any questions
Devon

97TURBOCOBRA

boost with no belt
Established Member
hellion makes a super kit, but why in the blue hell is ever turbo you see in a kit mounted sideways in front of the motor :dw: its not that hard to turn it the right way(of course we own a fab shop :-D ).
index.php

index.php

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
BayareaCob04 said:
I have the Hellion single T66 turbo Kit. Power comes on strong at 3K. thats full boost too! car made on a mustang dyno (10% lower then dynojet) 440RWHP and 471RWTQ thats at only 9 psi. trust me this turbo is insane. call john he will give you what you are looking for. om me if you have any questions
Devon
thats what ill be looking for. PM me with more dyno #'s at little higher PSI. If you dont mind what was the final costs for the setup?

TRBO VNM

97TURBOCOBRA said:
...snip....its not that hard to turn it the right way...snip

right way? :shrug: what makes it turned, "the right way"? sounds more like personal preference to me.

97TURBOCOBRA

boost with no belt
Established Member
a sideways turbo looks out of place, but i guess we are too much into outlaw 10.5 eacing around here, and i have never seen a outlaw car with a sideways turbo so we consider it front to back the right way imo ;-)

TRBO VNM

97TURBOCOBRA said:
a sideways turbo looks out of place, but i guess we are too much into outlaw 10.5 eacing around here, and i have never seen a outlaw car with a sideways turbo so we consider it front to back the right way imo ;-)

oh ok. :beer:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
BayareaCob04 said:
Devon

hey man you should get a video of you racing a ported and pullied eaton just to see how diffrent the two cars are... I am guessing you would win even if you have less power since turbos up top are crazy :burnout:

Cobrastruk04

03cobrarocks said:
hey man you should get a video of you racing a ported and pullied eaton just to see how diffrent the two cars are... I am guessing you would win even if you have less power since turbos up top are crazy :burnout:
My friend just bought a 03 cobra and our other friend has his ported blower on. hes going to take tht off his 03 and put on twin 67's. my other friend is going to buy that and put it on his car so when he does we will set up a race. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread