Looking for a specific exhaust noise

Kinoor

The video above is a jaguar. I have a GT 2014. What im looking for is the exhaust sound above.
Are there are catback, axleback, x pipe setup that would make my mustang sound like that? Im willing to buy new headers as well if it helps...

I love the exhaust the F types R make and the immense amounts of pops.
Im also asking because my GT is still on an stock exhaust setup as well. :confused:

nyuk98GT

Established Member
Kinoor,

From an ebay photo, the Jag has got an x-pipe. So, a Borla Atak catback and x-pipe should get you what you want. Kinda pricey but great sound. Corsa Sports are another option - a little more raw (and no drone) than the Ataks.

You can search YouTube for videos of 13-14 GT's with various exhausts - lots and lots of videos. Note that cats tend to mellow out the exhaust note (no "blatty-ness"). The Jaguar exhaust is very sharp - almost like an open pipe. IMHO, your ears will get tired of it. Start with videos of the Atak cat-back and an x-pipe. If you want more, look at cat deletes. You might listen to Roush mufflers - pretty loud and a more raw note than the Atak (imo).

Headers will give you a sizable performance boost, deepen the exhaust note, and increase the sound volume. I've just spent about $2300 of you money helping you, lol!

So, get cracking on the homework assignment and use earphones/headphones for the best sound quality. Built-in computer (laptop) speakers won't do the videos justice.

Please report back with an update.

HTH,

Chris

Last edited:

nyuk98GT

Established Member
Kinoor,

Resonator deletes and off-road h-pipe will give you the sharp tone with pops that you are looking for. YouTube has lots of these systems ready for easy listening.

Any progress report?

Chris

matt5058

Established Member
A buddy of mine has a 2014 F-Type, not even the R, just has a supercharged V6 and completely stock, that thing sounds amazing. Obviously not as beefy/burly as the V8 but Jaguar definitely did a great job with the sound tuning on those cars. Also, they don't look too shabby.
10646772_10100277522345513_4323868132510163424_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread