Looking for a Video

Predatorbird

Established Member
I'm trying to find an old video of a 99 Cobra with gears (4.56 i think) doing a 1st-4th pull. It's an in-car view from the passenger seat. I'm pretty sure the car is E. Green.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
egreensvt on youtube. he did and eaton swap as stated above [youtube_browser]W90ydjUUPU8[/youtube_browser] not sure 100% but I wanna say he also has a t56...not positive though

Last edited:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
It seems like a t56 because with 4.56's and eaton swap he should have been slamming through the gear so fast with his t45.

Predatorbird

Established Member

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I just bought gears for mine. I went with 4.10's but I am waiting on my tax money to come back so I can get a tuner and what not. So I say do it :rockon:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Yeah I think that's the guy. I wish that video was still up, I'm considering gears with my tax return and want some good in-car video incentive. ;-)

I don't have any video and the Cobra is hibernating, but let me tell you man.. I bought my car with the IRS and 3.73's. Car was meh. Swapped to an SRA with 4.10's and there was a noticeable difference. I killed the differential at the dragstrip and built the SRA with 4.56's. Do it and don't look back man. Go big or go home.

I believe I read somewhere that something has to be ground down for 4.56s or steeper to fit, but I went with an aftermarket differential and had zero issues. Something to consider.

Last edited:

Predatorbird

Established Member
I don't want to make this another gear debate so I won't post what I'm leaning towards. I just want some in-car footage of different gears (4.10's - 4.56's) to give me an idea on what's it's like to drive one. I've never been in a Cobra with gears so I have no idea what to compare my stock gears to.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I don't want to make this another gear debate so I won't post what I'm leaning towards. I just want some in-car footage of different gears (4.10's - 4.56's) to give me an idea on what's it's like to drive one. I've never been in a Cobra with gears so I have no idea what to compare my stock gears to.

I don't care to debate the topic any more myself. I wish I had some videos for you. If you lived closer I'd be more than happy to let you hitch a ride in mine. All I can tell you is 4.56's is the way to go for an NA Cobra, take my advice or leave it.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I don't care to debate the topic any more myself. I wish I had some videos for you. If you lived closer I'd be more than happy to let you hitch a ride in mine. All I can tell you is 4.56's is the way to go for an NA Cobra, take my advice or leave it.

I am the same way :beer: but really it comes to what you really want to go with. I drove my buddies 99 Cobra about a year ago after he put his 4.10's in and loved them. I had 4.30's in my Fox but of course that is a different motor and tranny but that was fun as hell too.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Way late to the party but yes that was my car. I should have some videos still hosted somewhere. Ill post them in the morning just in case you haven't decided yet.

Predatorbird

Established Member
Thank you for posting that video! 4.56's don't seem as bad as I thought launching in 1st. What mods did you have in that video? Any HP numbers?

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
No problem, always willing to help a fellow member make the right gear choice! They really aren't bad to launch in 1st (pretty fun actually!), I had a ton of fun with the 4.56's and a set of Nitto DR's. In that video I believe it was just Nitto DR's, cat-back and midpipe, and a jlt. At that time I want to say 290 rwhp. My best 1/4 mile run was a 12.87 with the 4.56's.

Users who are viewing this thread